Hi everybody

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sitara

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone,:) i found this forum while i was searching for direction on how to use chicken broth to cook the chicken. i am pretty new to cooking and am still exploring different ways of cooking.so ya does any one know how i should use the Heinz Chicken Broth to cook chicken??

i bought that packet without knowing how to use it.:angel:

sitara

What are you trying to do to the chicken - casserole/stew, roast, poach, stirfry, etc? You don't have to use broth to cook chicken in at all but it depends on what you want. Tell us that and then I think you will be inundated with options!

Hi Sitara and welcome. Chicken Broth to cook chicken? For me that would be to make a broth to stew chicken in for a soup or to have cooked chicken for a recipe such as enchiladas. I would still add more seasoning to the broth. The seasonings would depend on the type of chicken dish/recipe that I am making.

yeah i want to stir fry the chicken, what sort of seasoning should i put? by the way, that chicken broth is the creamy sort. so is it ok to stir fry it? and can you tell me the directions to stir fry it..??

I wouldn't add a cream broth to a stirfry but you can add a bit of the normal stuff after the initial stirfrying part. Helps thin down the thicker sauces.

Hello Sitara and welcome! Stir frying takes us to another world, or at least another place in this world. It's a great place. Just a quick thing for you to stir fry chiciken.

Cut chicken into small thin strips. Dip into beaten egg whites and dredge in corn flour (corn starch). These go a few at a time into a hot - Hot! wok or frying pan with high sides. You will have about a tablespoon of oil in the wok and hot! I use peanut oil. Stir constantly and cook for about 3 - 5 minutes until chicken is golden brown and just cooked. Overcooking is easy and ruins the chicken - practice with small batchs. Be sure not to overcrowd the pan as hot and fast cooking is the key - overcrowding cools the oil making the result a soggy mess. Drain on paper towels and taste test. And then modify as needed. Add slight amount of oil as you go as needed. - Easy on the oil!

When you have stir fried up a nice table size batch of chicken you can return to the hot pan, add acouple tablesoons of soy sauce, and or a couple tablespoons sherry and a touch - 1 talespoon of oyster sauce plus some salt and pepper plus cashews if you like - about a third of a cup. Toss over high heat for about a minute and a half.

Hot and fast so be sure everything is premeasured - you have no time to stop and measure anything once you start.

Start with maybe a pound and a half of chicken breasts or thighs. This will make stir fry chicken - I didn't include veggies but once you have practiced just a bit I'll bet you want a simple cook book of stir fry recipes.

Just remember - thin strips, bite size, minimum oil, hot and fast, everything premeasured. Good luck.

:)ok..so now if i want to use the cream broth, how should i use it??

Sitara, where do you live? Cream broth? I'm not familiar with that. I'm wondering if it's a sauce you add after you stir fry.

Casserole base? The basis of a pasta sauce? Cook some potatoes in it and reduce? Make chicken and mushrooms or chicken and asparagus vol au vents and reduce (thicken) the broth with some herbs and seasonings into a sauce to fill the pastry cases with? There is a thread from today for green bean casserole which yhou could use the broth in from the sound of it.

I really don't cook with cream soups. To me they are just something you eat in winter!

Has it got any recipes on the side of the can? Are you in England? If so, check out the Heinz website in the UK.

hi ..

i am from singapore, here such creamy broths are rarely used.i bought it off the shelves form the supermarket here. there is no directions in the packet here..other than saying they can be used for pasta, meat, and veges for stews n stir fry.

ok i will do it the way you guys have suggested, but first with only 2 or 3 drumsticks and get back to you guys with the results..:chef:

sitara

Okay so this is a packet soup, or at least powdered, not a liquid? If you have it in powdered form, you can use it as a seasoning, esp good for casserole bases.

with drumsticks I would be inclined to casserole or roast them. Crumbed perhaps in the oven.

Let's try this!

:)ok..so now if i want to use the cream broth, how should i use it??
Sitara, who makes the cream broth - the brand name and/or the company name. Maybe they have a website showing on the label? If not let's google search these people and see what they might have for recipes and suggestions if any. Seems like we're stuck here for a minute. Hope you can give us the names - some of us curious now for sure. Thanks.:)

It's Heinz David but you will need to get to the Singapore site. I already had a look at the US one and it was silent. I looked at the UK one, that's why I checked cos they have one but not sure if the same. Not sure of Singapore's extensions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom