Hi Everybody

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stefcap

Assistant Cook
Hi, my name is Stefanie, and I am a self taught cook. I have been cooking since I was 10 (experimenting and creating concoctions as my mother put it). I learned by watching all the cooking shows I could find. I am a self confessed cooking show junkie.

My boyfriend did a programs watched summary on our TV a couple of years ago, and Food Network scored a whopping 80%. He made fun of me for a week, but I never heard him complain when he ate all the yummy food I made him : )

I cooked all the meals for my family since I was about 14. The first 3 months I was in college, my parents ate nothing but take-out and prepackaged foods (I thought my mom was kidding, but when I came home for Thanksgiving, the cupboards were bare, the freezer was packed with TV dinners, and the take-out menu were displayed like magazines on the coffee table).

I love going to restaurants and recreating those meals at home. Thought about going to culinary school and becoming a chef, but didn't like the idea of being yelled at, on my feet for 12 hours a day in the heat of the kitchen. I get major satisfaction out of seeing the look on my friends' and family's faces when they bite into something tasty. Never thought I would get that in a restaurant.

Anyway- really glad to be here and ready to get started posting.

Hi, Stefanie. Welcome to DC. You background sounds very similar to mine. I began cooking at age 8 and have been going at it full tilt ever since. My husband, Buck, says I'm the best cook in our county. I know he likes my cooking since he never turns down a chance to sample something new.

Love your attitude. Start posting away. We're glad you've found us.

Hi Stephanie,
a big welcome to DC..Glad to have you join us. Looking forward to sharing recipes and tips.

kadesma:)

welcome000647np.gif

Welcome Stef Glad you found us I started cooking when I was 14 years old under canvas at the Iowa state Fair and have been cooking all my life and I am 67 now

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom