Hi everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chipotle Tom

Senior Cook
My name's Tom and I live in Austin, Texas.

I have enjoyed cooking since I stopped being a cook in the army (Yes, I meant that the way it sounds) about 8 years ago.

I am too busy as a student and full time worker to have a hobby that requires activity away from home, so cooking has become my hobby. When I was in the Army I didn't have time to actually enjoy cooking because the focus was on deadlines and the production schedule was not up to me.

I enjoy cooking all types of food and especially enjoy attempting things I've never made before. I have 7 cook books, but I use one more than any of the others: The Good Housekeeping Cookbook.

I have considered getting back into cooking as a profession, but always give up on the idea when I realize how much time I would have to spend away from my wife and daughter.

I look forward to sharing ideas with the rest of you.

Cheers!

Welcome to the site Tom. We are very happy you have joined us.

I have decided against cooking as a profession for the same reasons as you. It will just have to remain a hobby unless I open a shop with my wife someday.

Welcome aboard CT. I know you'll love it here. This is the most warm and supportive group of folks you'll ever wish to "e-meet".

Have fun.

Welcome Tom - lots of good cooks and great recipes here!

My husband has been on me to move to Austin ever since he went to SXSW two years ago. But I've been bugging him to move to Tucson, so we balance each other out.

welcome!

Chipotle Tom said:
My name's Tom and I live in Austin, Texas.

Welcome Chipotle Tom! I'm pretty new here too. Looking forward to some great chili discussions.

By the way, it makes perfect sense to me that a town with the motto "Keep Austin weird" would have their own 12 step program for which the only requirement for membership is residence within the city limits.:mrgreen:

img_282603_0_e16e01bfde24f646e81f1bcfd719674f.gif

Welcome Tom, it's great to have you and your cooking enthusiasm here with us! :chef:

welcome to the greatest cooking place on net Chipotle Tom!

Welcome to DC, Tom!! I used to live not too far away from your territory, San Antonio.
Great to have you with us, we can never have enough foodie here!!:) I hope you will share lots of fun and ideas with us!!

bknox said:
Welcome Chipotle Tom! You will have to submit some of those secret brisket recipes that make Texas a famous bbq state.
I agree!
Of course, you will also have to submit to some good natured ribbing (no pun inten...Aw heck, intended it from the git-go) from Memphis:pig: , Kansas City and the Carolinas.:)

Last edited:
Well, I haven't smoked a brisket in at least a year, but I did make some chipotle barbecue sauce this last Saturday. Now to find something to smother it with...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom