Hi Everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lakisha

Washing Up
I'm Cat's soul sister, Lakisha. I've been reading over her shoulder for a long time! Cat and her parents gave me a brand new Dell laptop and Internet service at our house for Christmas! Mom and I are really excited about that!

So, I'm not using a library computer any more and I can join here. Cat said some of you wanted my seasoned green beans recipe, so I'll put that up today.

Merry Christmas! Thanks for inviting me, Cat.

Lakisha

Rrrrrrrrr...that Ogress is FAST! Watch out for that one, Lakisha. We think we're related.

Love,
~Cat

I know all about you, Ogress. You're a nurse, right? I'd love to be a nurse, but I think I'd cry too much if my patients passed away.

I also know how good you are to my sister, and I like that!

Hugs back atcha,
Lakisha

I know all about you, Ogress. You're a nurse, right? I'd love to be a nurse, but I think I'd cry too much if my patients passed away.

I also know how good you are to my sister, and I like that!

Hugs back atcha,
Lakisha

Yes, I am a nurse. Patients passing away is why I do not work with young people, children and babies. I take care of the elderly, they have lived a long life and deserve the best of care in the days they have left. It makes me terribly sad and I do cry when they pass, but it does not break my heart.

You could be a nurse and work in a doctor's office or work as a Nurse Consultant to lawyers. There are lots of opportunities for nurses.

P.Fiona
Terrible Ogress

I'd like to have a soul Ogress. Maybe she'd help me with some of my cussed term papers with her secret Ogre ways.

Lakisha

Yes! So, if I'm related to an Ogress and Lakisha is my soul sister, that means Lakisha now has a soul Ogress, yes?

Ha!

With love,
~Cat

Absolutely!!! Wow I have two new relatives...just remember, I haven't won the lottery, yet.:)

I'd like to have a soul Ogress. Maybe she'd help me with some of my cussed term papers with her secret Ogre ways.

Lakisha

Hmmm...and you thought I was a NICE Ogress...cussed term papers must be researched and written, sorry! Reading for clarity and spelling I can do.:rolleyes:

Yes, I am a nurse. Patients passing away is why I do not work with young people, children and babies. I take care of the elderly, they have lived a long life and deserve the best of care in the days they have left. It makes me terribly sad and I do cry when they pass, but it does not break my heart.

You could be a nurse and work in a doctor's office or work as a Nurse Consultant to lawyers. There are lots of opportunities for nurses.

P.Fiona
Terrible Ogress

Wow, taking care of the elderly is awesome, Fiona! You can't be a terrible Ogress doing that. What is a nurse consultant to lawyers? What do they do?

Lakisha

Absolutely!!! Wow I have two new relatives...just remember, I haven't won the lottery, yet.:)

When you do, Papa is very smart with money and he'll help you make it work for you! Ha!

With love,
~Cat

PS: How is it you are so fast to reply? Maybe I need to reset the router.

Wow, taking care of the elderly is awesome, Fiona! You can't be a terrible Ogress doing that. What is a nurse consultant to lawyers? What do they do?

Lakisha

A nurse consultant with read medical charts and hospital notes, etc. and point out where things are wrong (malpractice) or good. Google "nursing job opportunities" and you can get a better idea of what other things there are for nurses.

My patients think I'm an Ogre...I make them brush their hair before breakfast...

When you do, Papa is very smart with money and he'll help you make it work for you! Ha!

With love,
~Cat

PS: How is it you are so fast to reply? Maybe I need to reset the router.

Maybe, I'm also a fast typer and am just sitting here with the computer in front of me.

I tend to multitask on the computer, going from documentation to e-mail to schedules fairly fast.

Hmmm...and you thought I was a NICE Ogress...cussed term papers must be researched and written, sorry! Reading for clarity and spelling I can do.:rolleyes:

LOL! It was worth a try. Cat and I help each other a lot. She had a real problem with English until recently.

You're a nice Ogress, whether you'll admit it or not!

Lakisha

Maybe, I'm also a fast typer and am just sitting here with the computer in front of me.

I tend to multitask on the computer, going from documentation to e-mail to schedules fairly fast.

Cat types slow. But when she hooks up that Romanian keyboard to her desktop, her fingers fly over it. Maybe that's it. Or Cat just said it might be the router, because I'm on the router and her desktop is plugged straight into the modem.

She's rebooting the modem and the router. We'll be back!

Hugs to my new soul Ogress,
Lakisha

LOL! It was worth a try. Cat and I help each other a lot. She had a real problem with English until recently.

You're a nice Ogress, whether you'll admit it or not!

Lakisha

Now stop that or you will ruin my reputation!!;)

Now stop that or you will ruin my reputation!!;)

Okay, she said we're up and running. She got her parents two used laptops so they can Skype and they're both online on the wireless router.

I'm the Queen of ruining reputations. Everyone thought Cat was cold and indifferent until I got to know her and found out she was just shy. She didn't fit in with the whole college scene because her life's different but after the tire-slashing and TABO, she's got a whole bunch of friends now. I told people they needed to get to know her, and so she's not shy anymore. Something about that changed Cat, and I think it was probably a whole bunch of anger that Carl and me saw come out of her.

You're an awesome Ogress, and I'm glad to screw up your reputation too!

Besides my seasoned green beans, and Cat and the rest of you helping me with a bunch of cooking stuff, I'll be the Queen of ruined reputations.

I've longed to be a member here, and I was approved right away and this has been the best Christmas of my life. Mom's real grateful to Cat and her family and me too.

Lakisha

Welcome Lakisha! Nice to know a little about you. I am new on here too. Looking forward to getting to know others and learning new cooking techniques.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom