Hi, everyone - newbie intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bankai

Assistant Cook
Hey guys,

Have recently had some life changing events and thought i would pick up a hobby and indulge in my love of cooking.

I like to think i'm very traditional in my cooking, i like to make things from scratch ( although time is not always permitting ) and try anything and everything.

I did start training to become a chef when i was younger but didn't really enjoy the restaurant scene and moved into IT (strange, i know ). I don't regret that decision at all but sometimes it'd be nice to just be in a kitchen and cook all day.

I am not a great measurer, i think a good cook can judge quantities by consistency, taste and experience. This way of thinking hasn't caused me too many problems but probably explains why i don't like baking ;)

I am constantly inspired by the lovely Nigella Lawson and always willing to pick up some hints and tips; and recipes.

Can't believe a forum like this exists - should be exciting!

Ashley

Welcome bankai! And as for cooking culture - we here in the US have zero - zip - nada - as in none. We come from everywhere in the world and if we didn't bring a recipe or two with us there would be none. I must apologize to the Native Americans, I mean no slight to your traditions, I am just ignorant about them except for fry bread which is wonderful.

Welcome!
I too am new here and looking forward to reading, sharing and learning from this forum. It looks like there is a lot of information here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom