Hi, folks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SallyW

Assistant Cook
I'm another newbie, checking in! I love cooking and eating, and one of my guilty secrets is that I collect cookbooks and read them like novels. :LOL:

I'm another newbie, checking in! I love cooking and eating, and one of my guilty secrets is that I collect cookbooks and read them like novels. :LOL:
Sally, are you me? I collect them and take them to bed, lie under the light and read them like novels while my husband reads real books.
Welcome, now post your favorite recipe for all of us to read and maybe make.

Welcome to DC, Sally. I too, love to find a comfy chair and go through cookbooks. I find it very relaxing.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to participating here. It's nice to know that I'm not alone in my guilty pleasure
img_539884_0_a94a5f884678255a93af863f3d4f754f.gif
, and that there's another Mississippian around here!

Welcome to DC, Sally. This is a great place.

I, too, love collecting and reading cookbooks. I'm told there's a 12-step program for folks like us. But since I only have about 1,000 cookbooks, I know I don't have a problem.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have fun with our wonderful foodie family. We're glad you've found us.

I am a retired Pro Chef and I have givin away a lot of my cook books but for some strange reason I still buy a bunch of new one ever year and I read all of mine/ review
them it is quite comforting to read your favorite cook books over and over

Welcome to DC!! I used to buy heaps of cookbooks but have just about stopped - over a year since the last one and several years since I bought more than two in a year - excl magazines of course. I find the best way to stop feeding a sweet tooth is to contemplate the cake cookbooks. By the time I have finished looking at the book(s), any sweet craving has gone - which is just as well as I probably wouldn't have the ingredients to make it anyway!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom