"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 03-13-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Hi Folks

I'm glad I found this place on my google search.

I joined for several reasons.

First, I'm not the best cook. I'll post more about my failures than successes. And trust me, I screw up fantastically and epically. It's my experience that just about everything can be improved by dumping a lot of bbq sauce on it. I don't purchase ketchup.

Second, I'm looking for new recipes that involve salads made of grains and veggies in a more middle eastern or Mediterranean theme. This whole "eat healthy" fad is rubbing off on me. I can't wait until we can all go back to frying everything in lard and crusting it with salt.

Third, I live alone and participation in a cooking forum will entice me to cook something at home instead of grabbing junkfood. Sure, Nutty Buddies make a great dinner, but after a while they just don't taste as good and the ruin the taste of beer. And it's amazing what a good breakfast pickles make, isn't it?

Fourth and finally, I'm looking to elevate my game. I recently purchased James Beard's major book on cooking techniques and my goal is to become a better cook. This way, all my recipes won't involve a can of Cream of Mushroom soup and a crock pot.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Welcome.
Nice intro.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Welcome to DC! Take a look around, lots of really good recipes arpound for more than junk food.! Have fun!
Old 03-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
Head Chef

You know you can make junk food at home! Glad to have you here.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:33 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Welcome to DC! You will find this is the best place to find just about any recipie you need. Almost every link has a good recipie to share. Healthy as well as decadent.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
Assistant Cook

Today I'm cooking some corned beef. I'll make a bunch use it for sandwiches for the week. I love that stuff!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #7
Senior Cook

love the welcome message!
welcome!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:18 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky77 View Post
love the welcome message!
welcome!

Thanks Jacky!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #9
Senior Cook

i also agree on dying with an entire cheesecake in my tummy....i love my own cheesecake and I think it's the best...trying to lose a tiny bit of weight so i don't think i can eat cheesecake for a month...what's your favorite????
Old 03-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #10
Assistant Cook

It's rare I find a cheesecake I don't like. I do enjoy Eli's and since I'm in Wisconsin, I am partial to The Swiss Colony's cheesecakes. A few years back I went to the outlet store sale and found whole cheesecakes for a buck. I bought too many and ate them way too fast.