Hi Folks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tedtheewen

Assistant Cook
I'm glad I found this place on my google search.

I joined for several reasons.

First, I'm not the best cook. I'll post more about my failures than successes. And trust me, I screw up fantastically and epically. It's my experience that just about everything can be improved by dumping a lot of bbq sauce on it. I don't purchase ketchup.

Second, I'm looking for new recipes that involve salads made of grains and veggies in a more middle eastern or Mediterranean theme. This whole "eat healthy" fad is rubbing off on me. I can't wait until we can all go back to frying everything in lard and crusting it with salt.

Third, I live alone and participation in a cooking forum will entice me to cook something at home instead of grabbing junkfood. Sure, Nutty Buddies make a great dinner, but after a while they just don't taste as good and the ruin the taste of beer. And it's amazing what a good breakfast pickles make, isn't it?

Fourth and finally, I'm looking to elevate my game. I recently purchased James Beard's major book on cooking techniques and my goal is to become a better cook. This way, all my recipes won't involve a can of Cream of Mushroom soup and a crock pot.

Welcome to DC! Take a look around, lots of really good recipes arpound for more than junk food.! Have fun!

Welcome to DC! You will find this is the best place to find just about any recipie you need. Almost every link has a good recipie to share. Healthy as well as decadent.

Today I'm cooking some corned beef. I'll make a bunch use it for sandwiches for the week. I love that stuff!

i also agree on dying with an entire cheesecake in my tummy....i love my own cheesecake and I think it's the best...trying to lose a tiny bit of weight so i don't think i can eat cheesecake for a month...what's your favorite????

It's rare I find a cheesecake I don't like. I do enjoy Eli's and since I'm in Wisconsin, I am partial to The Swiss Colony's cheesecakes. A few years back I went to the outlet store sale and found whole cheesecakes for a buck. I bought too many and ate them way too fast.

It's rare I find a cheesecake I don't like. I do enjoy Eli's and since I'm in Wisconsin, I am partial to The Swiss Colony's cheesecakes. A few years back I went to the outlet store sale and found whole cheesecakes for a buck. I bought too many and ate them way too fast.

If you like cheesecake that much you should just learn to bake your own. They are easy! Let me know if you are interested!

I'm interested. I would love a true tried & tested, baked, cheesecake recipie.

I just now added a recipe similar to PF's to the 'baked cheesecake' thread. They must both be good, because there's no such thing as a bad cheesecake. :) Hope you try it, simonbaker.

And Welcome to DC, newcomer!

I just now added a recipe similar to PF's to the 'baked cheesecake' thread. They must both be good, because there's no such thing as a bad cheesecake. :) Hope you try it, simonbaker.

And Welcome to DC, newcomer!
Thank you. I will try it.

The only bad cheesecake is the one you didn't make. Or if you added something nasty to it--like veggies. Ptouy!

Chili, like Jalapeno and other peppers, is a food group. Most folks don't realize that but it's true--I read it someplace online once. Chili peppers are a welcomed food group in just about anything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom