"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2018, 02:48 PM   #11
Head Chef

DkRich; half of my family is Scottish. So far we havent been to Copenhagen as family, we will someday. How ever I spent a lot of time in Denmark as kid, since it is a "brother country" to Sweden , we didnt need passport and I had family there. I just realised it 8 years since I had a stay over in Copenhagen, I done stops but no sleep over. So Cophagen and friends it is this summer. You are always welcomed over for Coffee .

Old 03-11-2018, 02:53 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRich View Post
Thanks CaseyDog,

Yes, when one considers the huge cultural difference and for us, the food differences in a car drive we have a lot of opportunity and privilage but we do of course have regional ignorance which find meat, potato and salt he best and be all!

Dallas though (and I only made it to Houston) is very much obliged to many good diversities is it not?

Rich
Houston is much bigger and more culturally diverse than Dallas, but Dallas has a lot of people from other places. I am not "from" Dallas, I just live there. That is very common.

Houston (and most of the Gulf coast of Texas) has a very large Vietnamese community, which has adapted local ingredients to create some interesting Vietnamese/Cajun fusion dishes. Asian and Cajun cooking have a lot in common.

Dallas and Houston are the two best known cities in Texas, but Austin, San Antonio and the "Hill Country" surrounding those cities have the best food, IMO. Not fancy food, just really tasty comfort food.

Dallas has mostly "copy-cat" cuisine. It is good, but not necessarily correct foods from all over -- and pretty expensive.

CD

CD
caseydog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 03:14 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

Hi CaseyDog

I recall I went to a very top steak place in Houston and was a bit disappointed, but found more 'local' places actually of more quality. The foremost place I mention seemed more of a place to be seen, with valet parking and attractive serving staff but like I said, the actual food was middle standard.

As for tequila bars and friendliness as a whole. . oh wow !

DKRich is offline   Reply With Quote