Hi from Essex UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Celini

Assistant Cook
hi all my names is Celini CC for short.

Very nice to be here with like minded people. I have been cooking and baking since I was 5 and love it. Not so keen on the eating but hubby does the eating for me :ROFLMAO:. He said the otehr day I eat enough to keep a field mouse alive :ROFLMAO:. Never been a good eater, love to make nice food and serve it nice but pick at it myself. Hubby got a belly now after 6 years of marrage cuz of my cooking and baking :ROFLMAO:. We also grow lots of fresh vegetables for my dishes and he loves all my food... too much sometimes:ROFLMAO:

I make a lot of veggie foods I make up recepies for and he loves my tofu curry. love to cook for friends and have people over for dinner.

I served a tofu dish to a friend of ours and he thought it was chicken. that friend asked if I had a big kitchen with full staff cuz he was amazed how I made things so quick and that he found very nice. woll take pictures of my kitchen when it isn't in a mess after my cook up I had today.

Cheers CC

Tofu curry!!! Welcome! I will wait patiently for the recipe. How bout now!?..........Have you posted it yet?!..............Any sign of that recipe?......Now?

oh dear. daddy, you sprung that on me now :ROFLMAO:. you just use an ordinary curry recipie add some veg of your choise and heat it up with curry and chilli to your taste and add tofu in stead of chicken lol

Cheers

CC

Hi Celini, welcome to this forum. Great to know you are from Essex, UK. I'm fr Scotland. Lovely to know you cook a lot. Eagerly waiting to hear more from you. Enjoy yourself in this forum.

Ty for the welcome. yes I had a good cooking day today. Made some scones for breafast shhhh don't tell hubby he didn't have any meat for breakfast. :ROFLMAO: made it up to him for lunch and made a pea and ham soup, seafood and chicken paella, and my own recipe rice pudding.

Cooking some oxtail stew for him for dinner i can't eat much meat so i often cook 2 meatl I made a vegan soup for myself for lunch wiith some bamboo shoots in it vegan broth mix and veg

Morning. I love cooking in the mornings since My hubby does a lot of work in the back garden on warm days he need a good breakfast.

This morning I cooked some filets of fish, Spring greens a few chips (fries) I only had one of them hubby had a little bit more.

For lunch I have put ona stew to simmer for hubby with oxtail, we had chicken stew last night.

The oxtail is simmered in stock I made and some onion, later today I am adding some fresh herbs, coriander, sage, spinach beet all from my garden. Make some mashed potatoes with some spring onions, nutmeg salt nad peper some cream and some butter. Make a fres salad with salad ingredieants from my garden, radish 2 types, 3 different sort of lettuce, spinach beet + add some things we bought, tomatoes that we haven't got ripe yet in our garden cucumber, and some salad onion. make a dressing with balsamic vinager, salad hergs brought to by my mum, litte bit of extra virgin olive oil. shake the dressing before you pour it over the salad.

serve it all on a plate together and enjoy.

My vegan soup is going to be with, gently fried onions in a little bit of olive oil, dried mushrooms that has soaked over night, that mum brought me. bit of mixed spice, tiny bit of chilli, fresh thyme, peeld and cubed potatoes, spring onions, only the green part to colour it up, 1/4 red cabbage, 1/8 of white cabbage, vegan soup and stew mix that has soaked over night,

chop the onion finley and gently fry it in a sauce pan over medium heat. Make sure it don't burn. Add some water and some seasoning or stock if you have some. add the soaked mushrooms with the water they have been soaking in. bring to the boil. add the stew mix draned and pated dry. simmer for about 1.1/2 hour on low heat, turn the cooker up and add the rest of the vegetable, bring to the boil and simmer for about 1/2 an hour and serve. I am going to have ahome made scone i baked yesterday and a side salad.

Tonight I am taking out half a side of trout to make a grav lax of, how you make this dish is, put the fish you can use any fish but cod and haddock need to be frozen first to kill any parasites in it, in a deep dish, mix 1/3 of sugar/ 2/3 of salt ina bowl about 50 grams for every 1/4 fish filet. crush some white pepper corns and sprinkle over it. put fresh dill alternativly dried when fresh isn't avaleble but don't nee as much of the dry one. cover with cling film so it is air tight. or use an air and liquid tight container. Put the container in the fridge at least for 36 hour, turn it after half the time and reseal.

this dish is nice eaten sliced in crisp bread, crackers or as a meal with boiled new potatoes and salad. if you make a lot of it you can also gently poach the slices and serve with mash and vegetable.

I'm sorry forgot the curry recipie. Was so tired yesterday after ahviing a cooking day i couldn't think.

I have none of my recipies written down they are all in my data storage in my head :ROFLMAO:

alternative chicken curry
50g of solid tofu
1 onion
curry powder
chilli (optional), depends how hot you like your curry
1 square of dark chocholate
handfull of rasins or sultanas.
water
olive oil
selection of fresh vegetables for expamle, carrots, parsnip, spring cabbage or what ever fresh vegetables you hae at hand or in the fridge. i go more for roots in the winter and green vegetable in the summer when I grow them myself.
2 cloves of garlic
plain flour

cube the tofu and put to one side. Chop the onion fine and gently fry in saucepan on medium heat, untill the are see through. add spices and stir. Crush garlic in garlic press and add that. add the tofu and alittle bit of water nad simmer for about 20 minutes. Adde vegetabels that have been finely chopped. brinng to the boil and lower heat then simmer for about 25 minutes, mix a little bit of plain flower with cold water and wisk uuntill all lumps are gone add to curry. bring to tteh boil and then simmer for about5 minutes.

None of my recipies are quick meals so I tend to make a big batch of everything, and portion it up in containers and put in the freezer. Make sure you mark them well before you put them in and use containers that stack well

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom