Hi from Iowa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

la guera loca

Assistant Cook
Hi, my name is Sheila and I am a single mom of 2. I found you while searching for a website where I can input what ingredients I have on hand and then it gives me recipe options. I came upon one of the threads here and just had to look more.

By day I am a receptionist and by night I am a mom to an 11 year old boy named Joel (Joey) and a 4 year old girl named Aracely, I also have three K9 kids named Pandora, Jimena and Nayeli.

In my spare time I like to cook, read, and dance to Mexican and Latin music.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Sheila aka la guera loca (the crazy white girl)

LOL busy is not the word! But then heck even married moms are busy, I just happen to be "lucky" and get to have my kids to myself the majority of the time (13 1/2 days out of 14)

Welcome! I just got home (to Missouri) from Iowa (near Sioux City) where I was visiting inlaws. I thought we got cold weather! Iowa takes cold weather to another level! haha

It has been way to cold here for my taste! One of my best friends has been in Mexico for the past 2 months. I should have taken him up on the invite and flown day for a couple of weeks. Another friend is leaving next month for Mexico for a month. Not nice leaving me here to freeze my butt off! :mad::LOL:

Welcome from up the river! (I do have a paddle ;) )
Got some snow there? :)
It's cold here too, I'm with ya. -11 today! Spring please?

I came thoriugh Concil Bluffs in Oct. and it was a beautiful site to see all of the trees were in full color and I put the pedel to the metal and headed for DM my old home town
Now I just wish spring was coming sooner

I had no idea there were so many people from Iowa on here. I was born in CR and most of my family is still there or in the area. I grew up in Okoboji, well all around Okoboji as we moved a lot.

I had no idea there were so many people from Iowa on here. I was born in CR and most of my family is still there or in the area. I grew up in Okoboji, well all around Okoboji as we moved a lot.

I guess us Iowans like to cook..or at least talk about cooking!:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom