Hi from Massachusetts - looking forward to learning and sharing recipes and ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

izzycooks

Assistant Cook
I just stumbled across this site, and it looks like a great place to meet fellow foodies and discuss adventures in the kitchen! I am a home cook who loves to experiment with ingredients, I work full time as a secretary in a hospital, and have a 10-year old daughter, but I seem to find time to cook homemade meals most nights... it is actually fun for me as I love feeding my family and friends. I would love to become a food writer/TV culinary presenter, so I thought it would be a great place to start. I am looking forward to sharing recipes and ideas with you!
Tonight, I am of course, cooking leftover turkey. I also made a ham, so I have double leftovers. We had a 15 pound turkey and 8 lb ham, so you can only imagine what the inside of my fridge looks like! I am going to make a turkey fricassee... I'm working today, the Friday after Thanksgiving, and my husband and stepson are going to yet another Celtics game tonight, so it has to be a quick meal to prepare. I am making turkey soup tomorrow (Saturday) as I will have more time to take all the meat off the carcass and boil it for a couple of hours.
Turkey Fricassee:
Ingredients:
Leftover turkey meat, shredded
1/2 onion, chopped
2 chopped garlic cloves
chicken stock (1 cup)
leftover gravy (optional)
1/4 cup white wine
1 egg, beaten with a fork
salt and pepper to taste
fresh/dried herbs such as sage or herbes de provence
Method:
Saute onion until translucent, and then add the chopped garlic. Add chicken broth, wine and leftover gravy if you have any. When near boiling point, turn down to a simmer and add your turkey bits which have been shredded. Heat for approx. 20 mins. to kill any bacteria and then beat one egg in a measuring cup. Ladle out some of the sauce from the saute pan and add into the measuring cup, beating constantly so it does not curdle. Add this mixture to the pan and keep stirring... Heat for 5 mins or so, and serve over rice. You can also add some herbs, sage is very nice, peas are also good, you can add frozen peas to your sauce a couple of minutes before you add the egg mixture.
Happy cooking!:chef:

Back
Top Bottom