Hi from Missouri!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pammy

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie from Missouri, the Show-Me-State.

I have lived here most all my life and love to cook. I have a big collection of cookbooks, that were given to me recently by my step-dad, that belonged to my mother.

I am anxious to get to know people from everywhere and their methods and styles of cooking different foods.

This board was referred by my dear friend and "Sis".:flowers:

Hi, Pammy! I live in Colorado now, but am a born and raised Kansan - so we've been neighbors! Welcome to the group :)

Welcome Pammy! I was just in your state earlier this month.....unfort., it was for a dear aunts funeral. However, one of my other brothers and I are planning on coming down your way again in July. We have family in Salem and Jadwin. Do you know where those are? Their near Rolla, MO.

SizzlininIN said:
Welcome Pammy! I was just in your state earlier this month.....unfort., it was for a dear aunts funeral. However, one of my other brothers and I are planning on coming down your way again in July. We have family in Salem and Jadwin. Do you know where those are? Their near Rolla, MO.

I know exactly where those towns/cities are. I have been to Salem before many years ago.
And Rolla is where one of the Unniversities of Missouri is located.
I am in the "Bootheel" area about 8 miles from the Mississippi River and on the New Madrid Fault line.

I'm not sure where that is Pammy but I'll get my Atlas out tommorow and check it out. I'm still amazed at how much Salme has changed. I hadn't been there for like 23 years. However, when my brother and I went to look for G-ma's house I knew instantly when we turned on it and saw the hill on the road where it was. Same for another road we traveled on.....the memories came flooding back. I can't wait to go back. Hopefully I'll be able to in July as another brother of mine wants to go down there. Its so different down there.....so laid back, peaceful, calm, friendly, etc.... I forgot how much I loved going there. I only wished I hadn't waited so long to go back.

I will just have to love you Missouri people. One of my most favorite people in my working life was a U of M - Rolla graduate. A good ole boy who became like a second father to me. Bienvenue to y'all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom