Hi from Oklahoma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

okiedokie

Assistant Cook
Just found your forum by typing in "cooking forum" in Yahoo. I look forward to reading your posts and exploring the topics I see listed. I am a big fan of Allrecipes and the Oklahoma Sooners football team! You can call me Okie, if Okiedokie is too long :cool:

Welcome to the group! This is a great place, hope you enjoy it as much as we all do.

Hi Okie!

Welcome to the board! Whereabouts in OK are you? I've spent plenty of time there for work in a previuos job, even had the good luck to be in OKC for the big tornado in May '99.

John

Ciao Okie, welcome to the forum!! We are happy to have you around, don't be shy and jump right in!!

Welcome to DC Okiedokie,
it's nice to have another new member with us.

kadesma:)

Okie,
Big SOONERS fan here too. Family's from Norman, even though I live in New York City currently. Although, I'm not very happy with the recent news with Bomar and Quinn. Anyway, I know you will really enjoy it here. There is always someone here who can answer your questions and a wonderful search option to check out all of the previous recipes posted. Welcome aboard.

abjcooking

img_301439_0_5485ecde9f6617dff402b7a2d6b6b0e7.gif

Welcome!

Thank all of you for your welcome. I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I look forward to exploring the forum!

To ronjohn55, we are in Edmond but only moved here last November from Texas, so we missed the '99 tornado. We were both born & raised in the Tulsa area, so coming back to Oklahoma is like coming home. How far were you from the Moore area?

To abjcooking, Boomer Sooner! We are looking forward to the Shootout this weekend!

Welcome to DC. You picked the best Cooking Site with lots of wonderful cooks and chefs and the receipes are absolutely fantastic.

I love your signature. We use to live in Oklahoma. Broken Arrow, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Moore, Midwest City and Del City. My son and I laugh now, and instead of saying okiedokie like so many do....we now say Kansasdokie as we live in Kansas. Welcome!

Welcome to an Oakie from a Yooper (dat would be da Upper Peninsula of Michigan to doze of ya dat don't know da Great Lakes region, eh.) Heh heh, we have bumper-stickers on cars around her that say, "Welcome to da U.P. eh?). It's kind of an inside joke.

But all kidding aside, your'e gonna love it here. Were a creative and freindly bunch, even if you're from Texas and Oklahoma. Ok, I'll admit it. I had some very good freinds from both locations when I was in the Navy. I even had a freind form Colorado who was about as redneck as a guy could be. He was my best friend. The funny thing is, when he was a teen, he, along with his pals, would cruise the streets of his home-town, looking for long-hairs to beat on and then cut their hair. Me, when I was a teen (way back in the 70's), I was a long hair. I was certainly glad to have grown up where I did. This guy was big and I was very small. I would have been in serious trouble had I run into him and his buddies.

And yet, when our hair was all cut off in accordance with Navy Regs, and we were taken from our local haunts, we found out that we were two guys who had a lot in common. Just goes to show you that you can't judge a book by its cover.

But don't let it get around that I was freinds with a Texan. We Northerners have to protect our reputations.:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed fo the North

Back
Top Bottom