Hi from Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herbgrower

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone,
I am so glad I found this forum. I have been cooking since I was 6 yrs old(49 now), thats when I made my first cake.
I have 5 herb beds(hence the name herbgrower) and like to find new recipes to use them in.
Looking forward to chatting with everyone, and I know I will find a lot of useful info here,
Have a nice day

sharon:rolleyes:

Hi, Sharon. Welcome to DC, from another herb grower :) I have one large bed, and a few basil plants scattered among the tomatoes. You will definitely find lots of recipes and general cooking info here. Glad to have you.

img_632315_0_198c1f7ba2e1fc48ef90efec1062e528.gif

Hi herbgrower! I'm new here, too. I love to grow herbs, as well. I've got rosemary, basil, three kinds of thyme, two different oreganos, flat leaf parsely, cilantro, lavender, a few different sages, and tarragon. I love being able to run out to the yard and snip some herbs when I cooking--it's so satisfying to me. And when my rosemary is out of control (which is most of the time), I clip boughs and use them in my bouquets with yarrow or whatever is blooming. Are your herbs in containers or beds? With my snail, mole, and neighborhood cat problems, mine are in huge galvanized tubs (the kind that horses drink from--I got them at a feed supply store). They dry out pretty fast when the weather gets hot, but I live on the coast, so that's very seldom.

Hi there...I'm jealous of your herb beds! Hopefully we'll figure out what will work here before I forget what they're all for.

Hi there...I'm jealous of your herb beds! Hopefully we'll figure out what will work here before I forget what they're all for.
Bwahahaha! It can be challenging when Mother Nature throws her challenges. Here it's salt, wind, and fog. I'm out there hand-pollinating my tomatoes because the temps get to low at night. Yeah. Hot sex with tomato plants. Sad, eh?

Welcome to DC Sharon! I am starting a little herb garden soon too. They are so wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom