Hi from Texas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good morning!

I love to cook and I am glad to be a part of this community! Cajun, hot and Spicy are my favorites. I am a decent cook always looking for ways to improve. I am pretty good with the wood smoker, just getting into dutch oven cooking and I am learning how to can.

I live outside of a small town in East Texas with my wife, daughter and Basset hound LuLuBelle. Beside cooking I enjoy reading, hunting, fishing, good bourbon and great cigars. In my spare time I am a Captain with the local volunteer fire department and a HazMat Technician.

Hope you have a great week.
Alan

Welcome. Be aware, I have had several Texan friends over the years, and being almost the furthest north you can get in the continental U.S., I have lived through many a verbal challenge from my Texan buddies. It was a Texan that taught me the basics of horse riding, and almost got me killed on a very ornery stable horse, and a Texan who was my best dirt riding buddy. So first, this is all in fun. And now the challenge: In Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan, I make a salsa that is too hot for Texans. Now that's saying something.:D

Your turn.

All kidding aside, I love everything about Texas except the heat. I am comfortable in temperatures cold enough that the weatherman says it's dangerously cold outside. I've slept in a light nylon tent, in a medium warm sleeping bag in sub-zero F. weather, with a group of young men I was teaching to winter camp. On the other side of that coin, I am a warm weather wimp. Anything above 75'F and I start to become uncomfortable and start looking for a swimming whole or where I live, Lake Superior whose water temp maximum is about 63' F.

What I love to do on DC is share cooking knowledge back and forth, and make new friends. Again, welcome to DC, where you will find crazy people like me, and every other kind of personality, and from many countries. I mean, we all like to eat, right?:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Welcome. Be aware, I have had several Texan friends over the years, and being almost the furthest north you can get in the continental U.S., I have lived through many a verbal challenge from my Texan buddies. It was a Texan that taught me the basics of horse riding, and almost got me killed on a very ornery stable horse, and a Texan who was my best dirt riding buddy. So first, this is all in fun. And now the challenge: In Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan, I make a salsa that is too hot for Texans. Now that's saying something.:D

Your turn.

All kidding aside, I love everything about Texas except the heat. I am comfortable in temperatures cold enough that the weatherman says it's dangerously cold outside. I've slept in a light nylon tent, in a medium warm sleeping bag in sub-zero F. weather, with a group of young men I was teaching to winter camp. On the other side of that coin, I am a warm weather wimp. Anything above 75'F and I start to become uncomfortable and start looking for a swimming whole or where I live, Lake Superior whose water temp maximum is about 63' F.

What I love to do on DC is share cooking knowledge back and forth, and make new friends. Again, welcome to DC, where you will find crazy people like me, and every other kind of personality, and from many countries. I mean, we all like to eat, right?:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Thanks for the welcome Chief and bring on the hot salsa anytime! :yum:

Well, a big howdy to a fellow Texan and lover of all things hot and spicy! And boy is it hot now..........so you're also into hazmat........my hat off to you as you are really into protecting the public and I'm most appreciative......thank you for all your services........you sometimes have a thankless job..........nice to meet you and welcome to this site..........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom