Hi, I am from Nebraska who is an Over the Road Truck Driver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sassyfromnebraskey

Assistant Cook
Hello Everyone,
I am looking at and looking for suggestions that may help me live a healthier and better life as a truck driver. I have recently had my gall bladder taken out and have been informed that I am having to be very careful of all food intake so that I am not eating fatty and greasy foods.

I have a Stove on the GO lunchbox oven. If anyone has any other suggestions that might work for cooking equipment I would greatly appreciate it.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all
Charity aka sassyfromnebraskey

Hi Charity. Welcome to our family.

I don't know what model of the stove you have, but the digital one can be used like a crock-pot. That being the case, you might go to the bookstore and browse through cookbooks on that method of cooking.

Beyond this suggestion, I really can't help any further, but I'm pretty sure there'll be others here who can provide even more help.

Welcome!

I know a lot of OTR drivers who have the same problem. Not only is most truck stop food deep fried or covered in gravy, it certainly is not cheap. What a few truckers I've known have done is to stop at a grocery store and stock up on fresh fruits and veggies.

It takes planning to eat healthy. I can't count how many times I found myself hungry with no food in the house and my only option being a fast food joint.

If you have a crock pot or similar device in your truck, then you can certainly find healthy cooking books for those pieces of equipment. Good luck with this and Go Big Red!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom