"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 06-22-2005, 01:51 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

have you recieve my recipe--china wild bracken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat
Welcome to the best site on the internet! Looking forward to seeing some of your recipes.
dear miss:
have you recieve my china wild bracken recipes?
it is very useful for weight-reducing.
anyproblem,please tell me.
xiexiaodong

Old 06-22-2005, 01:57 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

dear heat
have you recieved my china wild bracken recipes?
it is very useful for the weight-reducing.
any problem,please tell me
xiexiaodong

Old 06-22-2005, 04:09 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

hi xxd, welcome. (have you eaten yet?)

just in case anyone's curious, bracken is a fern, which most westerners would know as fiddleheads.

here's a link: http://www.gloriamundipress.com/foods_bracken_fern.htm
Old 06-22-2005, 09:49 PM   #14
Assistant Cook

i want to be your friend

oh,your are my bosom friend,i really want to be your good freind.bracken in china yunnan name is dragon hand.whether you country have this kind of wild food?do you think the poeple like it?
waiting for your reply
xiexiaodong
Old 06-23-2005, 09:35 AM   #15
Assistant Cook

can you tell me what kind of wild edibles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by comissaryqueen
Welcome. I too have an interest in my local wild edibles. North Carolina has an abundance of them.
Dear sir;
very thank you for your post,can you tell me what kind of wild edibles that you are interest?
best regards
thank you
Old 06-23-2005, 09:45 AM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

lol, relax with your bosoms xxd, (only joking )

i am interested in wild mushrooms. how to choose them, and how to avoid the poisonous ones. i am also interested in seweed products, like nori, laver, and dulse.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:26 PM   #17
Assistant Cook

very thank you for your reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
lol, relax with your bosoms xxd, (only joking )

i am interested in wild mushrooms. how to choose them, and how to avoid the poisonous ones. i am also interested in seweed products, like nori, laver, and dulse.
very thank you for your reply
i haven't made a adv about the chinese wild mushroom and the seweed products, like nori, laver, and dulse,but every know that the chinese wild mushroom and the seweed products,like nori,laver,and dulse,are famus on the world.
the basic way to choose wild mushroom is that the soil number,eatable part,useful part,tasteful part,etc.
the basic way to avoid the poisonous are follow:
a)you break the wild mushroom,then touch the broken place with your tongue(becareful,don't eat),if the taste is bitter,hot peppery taste,it is poisonous.otherwise it is not poisonous.
b)if the insect have eaten the wild mushroom,while the wild mushroom is growing the wild mushroom is not poisonous.
c)the place the wild mushroom come from is also important,
same kind of wild mushroom come from different place perhaps are very different,the chinese yunnan's wild mushroom are the best in china and on the world.if you know the wild mushroom name is not poisonous,then i am sure the chinese yunnan's wild mushroom is not poisonous,other countries'wild mushroom i can't guarnantee
.for example the chinese bracken is not poisonous,but the UK's bracken is poisonous.
i hope my answer can make you satified.
if you have any problem,please tell me.
i want to exchange with you for everything
best regards
xiexiaodong
Old 06-24-2005, 07:13 PM   #18
Master Chef

xxdxxd2004, I am a horticulturalist, and actually had a chance to visit your country some years ago with a group of women in the same business. The purpose of the visit was to share our experience with Chinese women who had the same interests. Unfortunately, my daughter had just died, and I had her little 3 year old boy to care for, and I was afraid to leave him.
I live in a rural area in the center of the United States, and we have a number of wild foods available here. There are wild greens (polk, dandelion, lambsquarters, purslane, wild mustard, chicory, mullein, cattails and garlic) in the spring, as well as morel mushrooms, which are a real delicacy. We have plentiful sassafras trees, whose roots and leaves make a nutritious and tasty tea that tastes like rootbeer, and burdock, whose roots are similar to potatoes. Later we pick wild blackberries, elderberries, mulberries and crab apples for jellies and jams. In late summer, there are puffballs for frying, and chicken of the woods mushrooms, which are wonderful in soups or stews. In the fall, after frost, we have black walnuts, persimmons and hickory nuts to gather.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:45 AM   #19
Assistant Cook

very happy to know you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance
xxdxxd2004, I am a horticulturalist, and actually had a chance to visit your country some years ago with a group of women in the same business. The purpose of the visit was to share our experience with Chinese women who had the same interests. Unfortunately, my daughter had just died, and I had her little 3 year old boy to care for, and I was afraid to leave him.
I live in a rural area in the center of the United States, and we have a number of wild foods available here. There are wild greens (polk, dandelion, lambsquarters, purslane, wild mustard, chicory, mullein, cattails and garlic) in the spring, as well as morel mushrooms, which are a real delicacy. We have plentiful sassafras trees, whose roots and leaves make a nutritious and tasty tea that tastes like rootbeer, and burdock, whose roots are similar to potatoes. Later we pick wild blackberries, elderberries, mulberries and crab apples for jellies and jams. In late summer, there are puffballs for frying, and chicken of the woods mushrooms, which are wonderful in soups or stews. In the fall, after frost, we have black walnuts, persimmons and hickory nuts to gather.
Dear constance:
very happy to recieve your email,i have replied for it.I believe we have a lot of things to exchange.i want to know your opinon about chinese organic food,especially the wild mushroom. your greenhouse is so beautiful, i very want to have a visit and i also hope you can come china again,especially yunnan province.it is very beautiful,the place is the biggest in china,but the people is fewest in china.so the wild food is richest in china.if you can come yunnan i can be your guider.
waiting for your reply
best regards
xie xiao dong
Old 06-27-2005, 10:12 AM   #20
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
It's great to have you here xxd!