Hi, I would like to introduce myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Xiao,

I am new here too! I went to a great Chinese place in Denver the other night hoping to get some dimsum, but missed it. I wound up getting a delicious Peking duck which was served with these amazing little soft poofy bread things, they were kinda sweet.

What is the name of that bread? Can you teach us all to make it?

Thanks,

Eli

Irland, this is Mr Xiaosui, I woke up early and am having a peak at Xiaosui's blog. I love Peking Duck, so I will tell her that this one is a priority.

I had it often in Aus. before I met Xiaosui and it had always come in 2 courses. The skin prepared the way you had it and then the rest of the duck. The first time I had it in China the skin arrived on cue and then ............ well, nothing.

Apparently Peking Duck is the skin + sauce + spring onion + on a round flat pancake. That's it! You and Bilby may have known that, but I certainly didn't.

I am going to enjoy Xiaosui's involvment with this cooking site. She want to try lots of new dishes, so thanks guys.

Graeme

Cool. I am guessing the 'pancakes' are boiled or poached? The ones I had were very shiny, almost like a bagel, but much softer and also sweet.

Help! My girlfriend wants me to learn to make them!

Thanks,

Irland

New Recipes in 'Ethnic Foods'

I have pasted 2 new recipes in 'Ethinic Foods'

You tiao recipe coming soon :)

It is 'you' not 'yuo', pin yin can be tricky at times.

:dry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom