Hi! I'm new!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cbarron

Assistant Cook
I hope I've done this correctly, I'm new to this whole thing. I'm a busy mom to 2 precious children. My husband and I have been married almost 12 years. I teach Exceptional Education at a local middle school. My husband works as a Forensic Scientist and attends law school 3 nights a week.
Regretfully, I rarely cook as I was never really taught to do so. Recently, when my son was asked if his mother was a good cook, he didn't know what to say---I told him it was okay to say 'no' because I don't cook...I'm now determined to do better and provide more nutritional meals for my family :)! I'm excited to have found this site and am interested in finding out about new ideas that are quick and EASY to do on a budget :)!
Thanks,
Currie
Ps. My son is 4 and says he's allergic to vegetables...oh and I ADORE sweets :).

All 4 your olds are allergic to vegetables...amazing how that is one of the first words they learn.:LOL:

Welcome to DC! I hope we can help you out! Remember, it's just food...not rocket science! Have a look around, there are a lot of sections on quick and easy, budget friendly meals. Most of us are homecooks and enjoy simple healthy foods. Don't be afraid to ask questions!

Welcome, to DC cbarron. We're glad you joined us, and thanks for the nice introduction. As an educator, you'd agree that all learning comes from motivation. You'll soon learn that good cooking isn't difficult, and the rewards are fantastic. Have fun!!

Welcome Currie! Everyone here is friendly and willing to answer questions. There is a ton of good info as well as lots of recipes and plenty of fun to be had here on DC!

Welcome Currie! This forum is a great place to learn about ingredients, share successes (and failures), and meet foodies <g>. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom