"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 01-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #21
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
PM TaxLady--she has the line drawing of the MS. And, don't be deceived by the chicken costume the "mother of all mother ships" wears. That's a disguise to get chickens to trust her--do not be deceived. And, do not look directly at those shiny, purple shoes...they send a subliminal message "buy a Breville Pie Maker and join our cult." Check out the mother of all mother ships' profile--she is a hardcore SciFi believer...snd Patron is smitten--he dyed his hair to match hers. Be very, very careful of any DCers wearing shiny, purple shoes and toting a Breville Pie Maker.argh!!!!!! Let GO OF MY LEG!!! HELP!!!!

Old 01-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #22
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Sometimes, too much fun...it's hard to get a straight answer out of us. There are a bunch of us who are all twins, separated at birth...
Sisters, huh? Cool! Sisters of different mothers, sounds great!

Old 01-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarensKitchen View Post
LOL! I used to have chickens and they can be hilarious! I'd go out to feed the cats and they'd be eating and the chickens would help themselves to their food and the cats let them! They are fun! I'd go outside and they'd follow me wherever I went....a line of chickens right behind me. We don't live there anymore but we are going to get some more chickens in the spring. The price of eggs is ridiculous in the stores!
My chickens follow me every time I'm outside. Two of them, Myrtle and Harriet, come to the door and "cackle" for me to open the door. One of them (I suspect it was Myrtle) laid her egg at the door for me....they are indeed funny. I look forward to comparing your chicken stories with mine! We might eventually be able to overcome the Pie Cult if we can get enough chicken keepers on DC!
Old 01-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #24
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Today it's blueberry scones and the shiny purple shoes...I love my shiny purple shoes and the pie maker. Here's the thread she is warning you about: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...pie-68574.html

It's over 500 pposts of pies of all types...and lots of chatting.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #25
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
My chickens follow me every time I'm outside. Two of them, Myrtle and Harriet, come to the door and "cackle" for me to open the door. One of them (I suspect it was Myrtle) laid her egg at the door for me....they are indeed funny. I look forward to comparing your chicken stories with mine! We might eventually be able to overcome the Pie Cult if we can get enough chicken keepers on DC!
Sounds good to me...although I do bake pies....but not as often as cakes.

I can't wait to get our chickens. I miss having them. They can't roam the yard here though...neighbors have mean dogs but we are going to build them a fenced in areal where they'll have plenty of room to roam around. I'll have to tell you how dumb I was about them when we first got them. The story is hilarious! I still haven't lived it down. Just let me know when you want to hear it.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #26
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Today it's blueberry scones and the shiny purple shoes...I love my shiny purple shoes and the pie maker. Here's the thread she is warning you about: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...pie-68574.html

It's over 500 pposts of pies of all types...and lots of chatting.
Thanks! I'll go check it out.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #27
Assistant Cook

I know who Robert Heinlein is. It's been a long time ago but I think I've read a book or two of his. I love sci-fi! :)
Old 01-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #28
Executive Chef

Quote:
Thanks so much! I am enjoying it here so much already. It's good knowing if I can't figure something out I can ask. And I know I will be getting recipes from here too. Sounds like all of you are very talented cooks and bakers. I'm sure I am going to learn a lot as well as making very good friends.
Welcome to the forum. I'd love to see you post some of your own recipes. I think you said in another post, you have Southern recipes. Bring them!

I can google recipes all day. I like the recipes I see in this forum better because I'm exposed to other people's ideas, not just googling my own ideas.

I'd love to hear your chicken stories, although I doubt I'll ever live any place where I can have them. But I would if I could.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #29
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
I know who Robert Heinlein is. It's been a long time ago but I think I've read a book or two of his. I love sci-fi! :)

Knowing who Heinlein is, automatically makes you another twin...with or without chickens and a piemaker (or shiny purple shoes). Welcome, Sis!
Old 01-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #30
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

CWS's Chicken Stories:

Chicken Chronicles