Hi! I'm new...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PM TaxLady--she has the line drawing of the MS. And, don't be deceived by the chicken costume the "mother of all mother ships" wears. That's a disguise to get chickens to trust her--do not be deceived. And, do not look directly at those shiny, purple shoes...they send a subliminal message "buy a Breville Pie Maker and join our cult." Check out the mother of all mother ships' profile--she is a hardcore SciFi believer...snd Patron is smitten--he dyed his hair to match hers. Be very, very careful of any DCers wearing shiny, purple shoes and toting a Breville Pie Maker.argh!!!!!! Let GO OF MY LEG!!! HELP!!!!

:ROFLMAO:

LOL! I used to have chickens and they can be hilarious! I'd go out to feed the cats and they'd be eating and the chickens would help themselves to their food and the cats let them! They are fun! I'd go outside and they'd follow me wherever I went....a line of chickens right behind me. :LOL: We don't live there anymore but we are going to get some more chickens in the spring. The price of eggs is ridiculous in the stores! :)
My chickens follow me every time I'm outside. Two of them, Myrtle and Harriet, come to the door and "cackle" for me to open the door. One of them (I suspect it was Myrtle) laid her egg at the door for me....they are indeed funny. I look forward to comparing your chicken stories with mine! We might eventually be able to overcome the Pie Cult if we can get enough chicken keepers on DC!

My chickens follow me every time I'm outside. Two of them, Myrtle and Harriet, come to the door and "cackle" for me to open the door. One of them (I suspect it was Myrtle) laid her egg at the door for me....they are indeed funny. I look forward to comparing your chicken stories with mine! We might eventually be able to overcome the Pie Cult if we can get enough chicken keepers on DC!

Sounds good to me...although I do bake pies....but not as often as cakes. :yum:

I can't wait to get our chickens. I miss having them. They can't roam the yard here though...neighbors have mean dogs but we are going to build them a fenced in areal where they'll have plenty of room to roam around. I'll have to tell you how dumb I was about them when we first got them. The story is hilarious! I still haven't lived it down. Just let me know when you want to hear it. :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know who Robert Heinlein is. It's been a long time ago but I think I've read a book or two of his. I love sci-fi! :)

Thanks so much! I am enjoying it here so much already. It's good knowing if I can't figure something out I can ask. And I know I will be getting recipes from here too. Sounds like all of you are very talented cooks and bakers. I'm sure I am going to learn a lot as well as making very good friends.

Welcome to the forum. :) I'd love to see you post some of your own recipes. I think you said in another post, you have Southern recipes. Bring them!

I can google recipes all day. I like the recipes I see in this forum better because I'm exposed to other people's ideas, not just googling my own ideas.

I'd love to hear your chicken stories, although I doubt I'll ever live any place where I can have them. But I would if I could.

I know who Robert Heinlein is. It's been a long time ago but I think I've read a book or two of his. I love sci-fi! :)

Knowing who Heinlein is, automatically makes you another twin...with or without chickens and a piemaker (or shiny purple shoes). Welcome, Sis!:)

Welcome to the forum. :) I'd love to see you post some of your own recipes. I think you said in another post, you have Southern recipes. Bring them!

I can google recipes all day. I like the recipes I see in this forum better because I'm exposed to other people's ideas, not just googling my own ideas.

I'd love to hear your chicken stories, although I doubt I'll ever live any place where I can have them. But I would if I could.

Hi Greg! Thank you for the welcome. :) Oh yes, I have Southern recipes, some mine, some my mom's and mostly those I've googled or gotten from cookbooks and a few even from Paula Deen. I bake though, most of the time, rather than fry, so it won't be so fatty and give us all heart attacks! :chef: I'll post them soon. And the chicken stories too.

KarensKitchen said:
LOL! I used to have chickens and they can be hilarious! I'd go out to feed the cats and they'd be eating and the chickens would help themselves to their food and the cats let them! They are fun! I'd go outside and they'd follow me wherever I went....a line of chickens right behind me. :LOL: We don't live there anymore but we are going to get some more chickens in the spring. The price of eggs is ridiculous in the stores! :)

Sounds like Karen has more in common with CWS than we knew. Maybe the pie cult is not the one she will join. Oh...does this mean more chicken stories???

Anyway, welcome Karen. Don't be afraid. You can have chickens and bake little pies too!! ;)

Welcome KK!
Looking forward to some of your oven cooking.

It's one of my new year resolutions - to bake, and improve my skill with the appliance. Also on my year's bucket list is to get a Breville pie-maker. Problem is... I read in another DC discussion thread that it's an imperative of kitchen safety that we wear aluminum beanie caps while cooking. I used up all of my cupboard tin foil to make my toque. So, any oven recipes using tin foil is, for now, on hold... On top of that, for some reason, the voices from The Mothership have stopped, and my craving to acquire a Brevillian appliance is waning...

I joined DC to get help sorting out such kitchen conundrums.

Welcome KK!

It's one of my new year resolutions - to bake, and improve my skill with the appliance. Also on my year's bucket list is to get a Breville pie-maker. Problem is... I read in another DC discussion thread that it's an imperative of kitchen safety that we wear aluminum beanie caps while cooking. I used up all of my cupboard tin foil to make my toque. So, any oven recipes using tin foil is, for now, on hold... On top of that, for some reason, the voices from The Mothership have stopped, and my craving to acquire a Brevillian appliance is waning...

<shriek>:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Welcome KK!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:What color of shoes are you wearing...if the color is opposite purple on the color wheel, perhaps that cancels out the MS' signals?

Back
Top Bottom