Hi! I'm new...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KarensKitchen

Assistant Cook
My name is Karen and I am new here. I just turned 48 last week (14th). I am a married stay-at-home mom of three (ages 21, 18, and 11). I have been married for nearly 23 years. I live in SE Ohio but was born and raised in KY. My cooking style is mostly Southern, but I bake a lot instead of frying. Right now I am teaching myself how to decorate cakes. It's a lot of fun!

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone here and in learning from all of you!

God bless!
Karen

Welcome, Karen. There are some very talented bakers here--I'm sure they'll be able to answer questions you may have about cake decorating. That is on my bucket list, but probably won't get to it for a couple of years (not at the rate I keep cutting and pasting new recipes, new things to make, e.g., cheese, sausage, etc.)! I hope you enjoy DCers' company.

Thanks so much! I am enjoying it here so much already. It's good knowing if I can't figure something out I can ask. And I know I will be getting recipes from here too. Sounds like all of you are very talented cooks and bakers. I'm sure I am going to learn a lot as well as making very good friends.

Thanks so much! I am enjoying it here so much already. It's good knowing if I can't figure something out I can ask. And I know I will be getting recipes from here too. Sounds like all of you are very talented cooks and bakers. I'm sure I am going to learn a lot as well as making very good friends.
Just be on the alert about the Pie Cult...they have a shiny purple mothership...if it lands in your backyard, RUN TO THE NEAREST BOMB SHELTER!!! Or, hide under your desk and hope MS goes to the next unsuspecting DCer's backyard...;)

Just be on the alert about the Pie Cult...they have a shiny purple mothership...if it lands in your backyard, RUN TO THE NEAREST BOMB SHELTER!!! Or, hide under your desk and hope MS goes to the next unsuspecting DCer's backyard...;)

The MotherShip is just waiting for you to head to TX...it needs FRESH eggs for brushing on pies!

Welcome, Karen, we are mostly harmless.:rolleyes:

The MotherShip is just waiting for you to head to TX...it needs FRESH eggs for brushing on pies!

Welcome, Karen, we are mostly harmless.:rolleyes:
I have been working with some folks who specialize in cyber electronic warfare...let me see if I remember the access code to request the mothership's navigation system will be jammed....:LOL:

OK! Thanks for the warning! ;0) :LOL:

OK! Thanks for the warning! ;0) :LOL:
PM TaxLady--she has the line drawing of the MS. And, don't be deceived by the chicken costume the "mother of all mother ships" wears. That's a disguise to get chickens to trust her--do not be deceived. And, do not look directly at those shiny, purple shoes...they send a subliminal message "buy a Breville Pie Maker and join our cult." Check out the mother of all mother ships' profile--she is a hardcore SciFi believer...snd Patron is smitten--he dyed his hair to match hers. Be very, very careful of any DCers wearing shiny, purple shoes and toting a Breville Pie Maker.argh!!!!!! Let GO OF MY LEG!!! HELP!!!!

Last edited:
I have been working with some folks who specialize in cyber electronic warfare...let me see if I remember the access code to request the mothership's navigation system will be jammed....:LOL:

The drones are already staked out in the barn...hanging out with the girls in the canoe...seeing if they can drive a tractor or teach the girls how to do it.

She keeps chickens, Karen, and we get the good stories on chicken antics.

The drones are already staked out in the barn...hanging out with the girls in the canoe...seeing if they can drive a tractor or teach the girls how to do it.

She keeps chickens, Karen, and we get the good stories on chicken antics.

LOL! I used to have chickens and they can be hilarious! I'd go out to feed the cats and they'd be eating and the chickens would help themselves to their food and the cats let them! They are fun! I'd go outside and they'd follow me wherever I went....a line of chickens right behind me. :LOL: We don't live there anymore but we are going to get some more chickens in the spring. The price of eggs is ridiculous in the stores! :)

Sometimes, too much fun...it's hard to get a straight answer out of us. There are a bunch of us who are all twins, separated at birth...:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom