Hi...im new to discuss cooking.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loripaint

Assistant Cook
hi! glad that i discovered this website. i am sure that i will be referring to it from now on for all my cooking questions and just to shoot the breeze.
my family and i just returned from an alaskan cruise on the royal carribean line. we had many wonderful dishes aboard the ship...and the desserts..were exceptional. i would love to find the recipes for two sugar free desserts:
the sugar free cheesecake and the sugar free chocolate mint layer cake. you would never know that these were made without sugar! is there any way i could track down these recipes?

Hi, Lori. Welcome to DC. Sounds as though you enjoyed your cruise, especially the desserts.:)

You might want to search our site for the two desserts you are looking for. Just go to the blue bar at the top of the page and click on the "search" feature and type in what you want. If you don't find anything, you might want to try Googling for sugar-free layer cake recipes and adapt from that. Or, barring that, there are sugar replacements you could use in a recipe that you might find that sounds right to you.

Those are my suggestions but, don't worry, plenty more will follow.

Enjoy our site. We're glad you've found us.

Hi Miss Lori...Welcome to DC

The chances of tracking down the specific recipes that Royal Carribean uses for the two items you mentioned would be slim to none! Obviously they used some type of sugar subsitute, of which there are several brands. While all of these products are FDA approved they are not without controversy. There are both proponents and opponents to them. I suggest you start with Google to find specific recipes for the two items you mentioned. From there, through trial and error you may can come close to the recipes that you enjoyed. Good luck!!

Have Fun & Enjoy!

Hi Lori,
Welcome to DC...We used that cruise line last december and loved it. The food was outstanding..I don't know about getting exact recipes that he cruise liners use, but I'd wager many of our DC family might be able to give you a recipe or two that are just as good or better..Look around and ask questions and see what we can dig up.;)
kadesma

wow! what a nice welcoming from people here! :) thanks for all your responses and help... yes, if i can even find similar recipes i could make some adjustments as needed. royal carib cruise had its ups and downs to say the least..alaska was beautiful and the food was great (i bought the cookbook that they sell in the dining room..wonderful recipes but no sugar free dessert recipes). the unfortunate part was that our luggage had never arrives on the ship for 3/4 of the trip. that certainly put a damper on things. it was our first time on a cruise and i have mixed feelings about going on another

Well! Welcome aboard Lori! I hope this cruise will be almost as enjoyable as your Alaska cruise. I'm thinking there must be an association of people who must avoid sugar. Surely there are cookbooks with a recipe or two that could get you started. I just think I will do some checking and then return. Meanwhile, smooth sailing! D

hi! glad that i discovered this website. i am sure that i will be referring to it from now on for all my cooking questions and just to shoot the breeze.
my family and i just returned from an alaskan cruise on the royal carribean line. we had many wonderful dishes aboard the ship...and the desserts..were exceptional. i would love to find the recipes for two sugar free desserts:
the sugar free cheesecake and the sugar free chocolate mint layer cake. you would never know that these were made without sugar! is there any way i could track down these recipes?

Hi again Lori, I said I might be back. Here is what looks like to me is the real deal for a no sugar chocolate cake - from scratch, no sugar from commercial mixes or the like. I suggest you take a look:chef:. Now, it's not a mint flavored thing, but I'll bet you can fuse in the flavoring for a chocolate mint icing. Should be easy to find a chocolate mint icing recipe.

Here it is: go to Welcome to Diana's Desserts | DianasDesserts.com click on Recipes, click on browse all of her recipes - not the guest recipes - choose diabetic & low carb treats and scrowl down to the bottom of that page. You will see Sugar-Free Chocolate Cake. Dianas place looks like the real deal and worth a look.

I didn't really look at cheesecakes there - there are cheese cakes and more cheese cakes everywhere and every one of them is the very best. Let us know what you think of the chocolate cake recipe and dianasdesserts.com

If you have a wider interest in no sugar cooking and recipes why not start a new post, not as a newcomer but as someone interested in the subject and ask for ideas? Look forward to seeing you there! D

thank you for your help

wow....some of the diabetic/low carb dessert recipes are looking good at the website that was recommended to me. i think this chocolate cake recipe (minus the mint) will do just fine. oh thank you..thank you...thank you! i am going to experiment with it over the weekend. as for the cheesecake..ill keep searching..the particular cheesecake that i had was so delicious and there was no way that you would even notice that it was sugar free...sometimes when you eat sugar free things you get that little aftertaste..but this particular cake you would swear was not sugar free. believe it or not..i have emailed our cruise ship waiter to see if he could get the recipe for me..so far, nothing. again, thanks for your help

wow....some of the diabetic/low carb dessert recipes are looking good at the website that was recommended to me. i think this chocolate cake recipe (minus the mint) will do just fine. oh thank you..thank you...thank you! i am going to experiment with it over the weekend. as for the cheesecake..ill keep searching..the particular cheesecake that i had was so delicious and there was no way that you would even notice that it was sugar free...sometimes when you eat sugar free things you get that little aftertaste..but this particular cake you would swear was not sugar free. believe it or not..i have emailed our cruise ship waiter to see if he could get the recipe for me..so far, nothing. again, thanks for your help

Great! My pleasure :chef:. Actually we lucked out didn't we? I quickly stumbled onto that place while searching your subject - sugar free chocolate cake recipes - long key word! But it worked and I thought the lady might have something for you. Do let us know how the experiment works out. Take Care, D

review of that sugar free chocolate cake recipe

well...i finally tried out that sugar free chocolate cake recipe yesterday. the consensus in this family was that the cake was good for a sugar free cake..but the icing was horrible. i have to say..it looked good but when i tasted the icing..yucko!!! we decided that the best way for us to eat this cake was with sugar free cool whip. im still searching for the sugar free chocolate mint cake and the sugar free cheesecake recipes (while on the serenade of the sea cruise ship last month)..i have checked the royal carib cookbooks and none of them have any sugar free cake recipes..what a shame..the cakes were amazing and were certainly worth putting into the cookbooks.
if anyone has located these royal carib sugar free cake recipes.. PLEASE send them my way!
:chef:

well...i finally tried out that sugar free chocolate cake recipe yesterday. the consensus in this family was that the cake was good for a sugar free cake..but the icing was horrible. i have to say..it looked good but when i tasted the icing..yucko!!! we decided that the best way for us to eat this cake was with sugar free cool whip. im still searching for the sugar free chocolate mint cake and the sugar free cheesecake recipes (while on the serenade of the sea cruise ship last month)..i have checked the royal carib cookbooks and none of them have any sugar free cake recipes..what a shame..the cakes were amazing and were certainly worth putting into the cookbooks.
if anyone has located these royal carib sugar free cake recipes.. PLEASE send them my way!
:chef:

Well shucks, the picture looked good didn't it!:ermm: We'll just have to look again. Meanwhile if you find either the chocolate cake or the cheese cake please let us know. Those recipes have to be out there!

Back
Top Bottom