Hi...italian food lovers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

italy

Assistant Cook
hiii all..
I am a student, who loves italian food so much..
i am new here.. hope will find an interesting itlian recipes.. both for me and for my new site, which i make to give back to the public.. hope can reach out to as many italian food lovers as possible

:chef:

Last edited:
Hi, Italy. There are probably lots of Italian food lovers here, including me (actually, I enjoy a variety of cuisines, but Italian is a favorite) :chef:

If there are specific recipes you're interested in, you can use the search button to find them, or just ask and I'm sure you'll get lots of responses. Enjoy :)

Hi GotGarlic...
Good day
Which thread should i look for with a bunch of italian food lovers around?

thanks

Welcome, italy!

I just visited your site, and was interested in this comment:
If you are an Italian food admirer why spend much money to visit Italy or go to a fancy Italian restaurant when you can save money by cooking your favourite Italian dishes at home?
That's only true to a point. Italian food in this country is very different than that in Italy. Everywhere. Even so-called "authentic" restaurants don't cook the food the way it's done in Italy, and there's no way to really understand that without going there.

Clearly everyone cannot just jump on a plane, but truly, one cannot really get the flavor of another country (or region of the US!) without a personal visit.

Just my 5 cents! :)

Miss June said:
Clearly everyone cannot just jump on a plane, but truly, one cannot really get the flavor of another country (or region of the US!) without a personal visit.

Just my 5 cents! :) __________________

Aw shucks Miss June, that's worth a whole lot more than a nickel;)

Welcome Italy,

I say it's a good start. True, a visit is best (to anywhere for authenticity) but trying out simple dishes is a beginning. My parents are from Italy and I know most of the foods my mother makes are basic and not very "fancy" but I love them.

italy said:
Hi GotGarlic...
Good day
Which thread should i look for with a bunch of italian food lovers around?

thanks

Hey, Italy. I'm not sure the forums work quite that way ... hopefully someone with more experience here than I have will chime in, but I think if you search for a specific recipe name (say, pasta bolognese), you will find threads that discuss it and sometimes more.

Or you could start a thread on the topic and see what happens :)

Hi, italy. Welcome to DC. I'm sure you will get plenty of opinions about Italian cooking here. That's one of the things that makes this site so wonderful. Everyone is free to share their ideas/comments. We're glad you've found us. Have a wonderful time.

:chef: wahh you are all expert in cooking.. saw it from the left hand side below your username..
thank you guys for responding..
thank you for visiting my site as well... (my copywriting is no good, i wonder if you have any suggestion?)
hope i can get suggestions and even recipes from here.. sometimes i find it hard what to post on my site...
hope you guys can help me...

THANKS

Last edited:
italy said:
:chef: wahh you are all expert in cooking.. saw it from the left hand side below your username.

Hi, Italy. That's something the forum software adds automatically as the number of times you post increases. I can't find a page that lists the levels and how many posts correspond to each level, though. Maybe one of the admins can chime in.

GotGarlic said:
Hi, Italy. That's something the forum software adds automatically as the number of times you post increases. I can't find a page that lists the levels and how many posts correspond to each level, though. Maybe one of the admins can chime in.

haha.. ic.. thought it refers to your job or something like you guys are an expert but still ... you guys must have more experience than i am.. :p

italy said:
haha.. ic.. thought it refers to your job or something like you guys are an expert but still ... you guys must have more experience than i am.. :p

Well, in his case, his user ID does refer to his job :) Click on his name, then on "Find more posts by this user," or something like that. Good stuff.

right.. haha then i could be an expert when i post a lot of messages..
without having to learn to cook better.. that sounds interesting haha.. :p

Actually, though there are professional chefs and cooks on this site, there are a lot of talented ameteurs as well. And you will find recipes and techniques from all over the world.

Look at the different categories for ideas. Often, you can find something that looks interesting, and use it as inspiration to create something quite unique and tasty. Look at the techniques used in the recipes.

It doesn't reall matter where you live. A piece of beef reacts the same way to the same techniques wherever you are. Eggs cook the same way in boiling water here as they do where you live. Cornstarch thickens a sauce the same way as well. You see what I mean?

NO matter what cuisine you love, learning a variety of cooking techniques will give you more freedom to create the foods you love, and your very own heirloom recipes. We can certainly help by giving advice and instruction. But the best teacher is experience. Enjoy your journey through the culinary world and don't limit yourself to the cooking styles and techniques from just one area of the world.

As was stated by a famous American inventor (Thomas Edison) "Genius is ten percent inspiration and ninety percent persperation."

This means that you achieve you goals through hard work. There is no substitute.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

hei Goodweed of the north... Wah i like you enthusiasm.. that is very encouraging... thank you !!!

with quote from TAEdison.. good stuff.. what about you ? how skillful are you after joining this forum? or are you already an expert when joining this forum?

wah i am so lucky to join this forum..

will keep learning and searching..

italy said:
hei Goodweed of the north... Wah i like you enthusiasm.. that is very encouraging... thank you !!!

with quote from TAEdison.. good stuff.. what about you ? how skillful are you after joining this forum? or are you already an expert when joining this forum?

wah i am so lucky to join this forum..

will keep learning and searching..

Some might call me expert. But I'm far from that. I am an above average amature who has tried so many different things, and has a lot of experiance behind me, ever with an eye to imporving my skills.

That being said, I don't think that there are very many things that I can't handle in the kitchen.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North.

hei.. see your pic.. i can see that you are expert..
it has only been two years since i can really hold a knife correctly..
starting with simple dishes and now learning how to make my favourite italian food myself..
YEs it is a journey.. and it will be wonderful

The recipe I'm giving you certainly is not Itallian. But it is deliscious and will give you a basic batter that can be used in so many ways. It is "Goodweed's World Famous Pancakes". I hope you can translate from my British standard measurements to metric. Enjoy.

World’s Best Pancakes

These pancakes are so light, fluffy, and moist, they leterally melt in your mouth. The flavor is classic, slightly sweet, but with a ballanced flavor between all ingredients. Once you have tried this recipe, you will never again use a box mix.

Another great thing about this recipe is that you can mix a large batch of the dry ingredients in advance, then place them into an airtight container and scoop out what you need for however many people you are going to serve.

To go a step further, I one time mixed in enough powdered milk to make 1 cup per cup of flour used, and enough powdered egg to make 1 egg per cup fo flour. Then, when I went camping, I just added water and the pancakes were as good as when made from all fresh ingredients.

You will have fun changing this recipe by adding things like M & M’s or peanuts, or bits of banana. I’ve added maple extract, or used maple syrup in place of sugar. I’ve add vanilla and nutmeg. You can really get creative, as long as all of the basic ingredients, both wet and dry, are there. Enjoy.

The key to these pancakes is proper technique. Follow this recipe and you will be known as the pancake king or queen of your household.

Dry Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbs. Sugar or sweetener of choice (I use Splenda)
½ tsp. salt
1 tbs. Double-acting baking powder (Calumet or Clabber Girl brand)

Wet Ingredients”
¾ cup milk
3 tbs. Cooking oil
1 large egg.

Preheat an elctric griddle, or suitable non-stick, or cast-ion pan. For an electric griddle, heat to 370 degrees. For the other two pans, heat until water dances on the surface.

Combine all dry ingredients into a large, stainless steel, glass, or plastic bowl with a wire whisk. Add the wet ingredients and stir until blended in. But do not overmix as this will toughen the pancakes. Leave small lumps in the batter. They will disappear as the pancakes cook.

Spoon the three to four tbs. of batter onto the cooking surface. If I catch you squishing the cooking pancakes with a spatula, I’ll come over and whap your hands. Once they are cooking, leave them alone! Turn when bubble appear on the surface, but before they remain open. Cook for about forty more seconds. Remove and serve immediately.

This batter also works well for waffles. If you thin it with more liquid, and add an extra egg, you have a wonderful crepe batter. If you substitute conrstarch for ½ of the flour, you have a very good tempura batter.

As I said above, play with the recipe after learning to make the original. Make it yours. And feel free to share it with others, so long as they know where it originated. It is copyright protected by law. And I don’t charge for this, my signature recipe.

Enjoy.

From the kitchen of Bob Flowers

Seeeeeya: Goodweed of the North

wahhh thank you so much goodweed.. will try them soon when i have time.. and will give you the feedback..

hey it seems like you like baking? or you do like cooking generally? well i can learn from you though haha..

regards,

Italy

Back
Top Bottom