Hi - Love to Bake Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisa7688

Assistant Cook
Hello!

I just found this website and I'm very happy to be here! I love, love, love to bake bread, from scratch! I hope to connect with other bread makers. I would like to learn how to freeze my dough ahead of time to bake later. Hopefully I'll find somebody on here who can give me some good tips on that.:chef: And hopefully I can pass along some interesting tips of my own from time to time.:)

Lisa

Welocme, Lisa! There are serious bread bakers here, they will be chiming in. I am a not-serious bread baker.

Once my dough is mixed, if i want to dreeze it, which isn't very often I just wrap it well in plastic and stick it in the freezer. I defrost it slowly, like overnight, in the fridge.

Hello!

I just found this website and I'm very happy to be here! I love, love, love to bake bread, from scratch! I hope to connect with other bread makers. I would like to learn how to freeze my dough ahead of time to bake later. Hopefully I'll find somebody on here who can give me some good tips on that.:chef: And hopefully I can pass along some interesting tips of my own from time to time.:)

Lisa
Use instant active yeast & use slushy ice water or milk. Mix it a little less than you usuallly do once its mixed, scale it & freeze imediatly. By doing this coolness will reduce rising so it will freeze better & faster. Thaw in the refridgerator.

Once my dough is mixed, if i want to dreeze it, which isn't very often I just wrap it well in plastic and stick it in the freezer. I defrost it slowly, like overnight, in the fridge.

I second that! Only I freeze-not dreeze! :ROFLMAO:

Welcome Lisa, Glad you are here! Let's get bread baking. I can smell it now!

Last edited:
Welcome Lisa! I'm just learning to bake bread myself and I'm getting lots of good advice here. I think you will get along quite well with our resident bread bakers. I myself am nothing but a novice.

I have issues with my bread, I grew up baking about 4000 feet higher than than the place I live in now...makes a bit of a difference! Wish I was more help!

Hi Lisa!! I have no idea what to do w/bread, other than by slathering it w/mayo, & stuffing it full of tasty meats makes me truly a happy person!:LOL:
Welcome to DC!!

Back
Top Bottom