Hi, my name is Shawn...and I'm a chef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, I think that this board is much nicer. The other board tends to get into flame wars, snarkyness and other unpleasantness. In other words, they like to eat their own. I think that I like it over here better. You play nicer. I salute you!!!

Actually, I think that this board is much nicer. The other board tends to get into flame wars, snarkyness and other unpleasantness. In other words, they like to eat their own. I think that I like it over here better. You play nicer. I salute you!!!

Did you see the original post was from 2004? :ermm: :LOL:

Just sayin'. :mrgreen:

you mean I coulda been sitting here typing about questions for the last 4 years not just 1!!!!????!?!?!??!?

:)

hiya chefshawn, welcome to the 5th dimension. i like your name. it should be said really fast, while doing a lunge, giving both thumbs up. :D

we will assimilate you and add your distinctiveness to our own. resistance is futile...

Welcome Shawn and Susan.
(Buckytom, MORE ALIENS for the Pot!)

No, I have been lurking off and on and since I am a caregiver, I don't always have time to spend here. But, if it is all right with you, I'd really like to stay and get to know you all better. I love to bake--it is how I destress and try to unwind. I also love to make candy.

Chefshawn is a very nice person and is now married, so I imagine he has less time for places such as this one. He just celebrated his first year anniversary.

By the way, I was born on Father's Day June 17th.
hey, I was a Father's Day birthday , girl, too..........though our birthdays move around more than likely after a few years it will be Father's Day and we will get crappy gifts in favor of our fathers'.................just kidding................I remember that I went to a St. Thomas More Church on my birthday when I was 17 years old on Father's Day and it was a hot day and there was no air conditioning............and it was the Feast of Corpus Christi...........I am standing up with my grandparents........and I start to feel woozy and dizzy..........I had had no breakfast.......WRONG...........and I'm thinking of the Song of Bernadette............she endured pains and tribulations so can I.........the next thing that I remember is my 70 year old grandfather leading me out of the church................apparently I fainted over the pew.............and he dragged me out of there.............I was apologising all the way and he's cracking jokes which is I know where I go my sense of humor from........hell, debs, I.m glad you gave me an excuse to get out of that place..........my grandma was the bull in the pen afterwards.........from now on I was going to eat before I went to church and she stood over me until I did........it was great to have someone to care so much..........and I mean it..........:LOL: to this day the people that I dream about the most are my grandparents esp... my grandmother.......yeah, June 17 has special memories..........Welcome.................

An alternate board out that like us huh. Kind of reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Elaine meets three other guys she befriends who are like (but opposites of) Jerry, George, and Kramer. Bizzaro world.:

Goodbye ChefShawn (or is it bad-bye) :LOL: Welcome to DC!!

Glad that both of you have found us chefshawn and piesusan. Chefshawn, hope you can share some "music city" recipes with us. And piesusan, is that sweet, savory or both? Hope to see many posts in the future, welcome.

That is so awesome! I had never met folks born on Father's Day, too.
I was the last child and the only girl of three. I came early and my dad had to convince the doctor to be at the hospital--he told Dr. Lou, "You better be there, I ain't birthin' no baby!" (Lou was a close friend of my dad's--really part of his family)
So, I guess we were our dad's presents that day!

sounds just like a caring dad with a stomach..............oh, Jeeks, what day were ya born on??????? yeah, my birthday has fallen on Father's Day many times..............nice to meet you PS.......hope you don't mind abbrevs.............

thanks.......nice...............both my dad and sister and Gramma were born on Groundhog's day (Feb. 2)..........you can actually get an official document signed by the city that officiates the GroundHog Day celebration for those people who were born on that day.........ordered one for my sister who was just thrilled.........

I bake mostly sweet but have been known to do some great appetizers and quiche. I love to make soup as well.

Back
Top Bottom