"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!
Old 04-22-2004, 08:48 PM   #1
Assistant Cook
Send a message via ICQ to chefshawn Send a message via AIM to chefshawn Send a message via MSN to chefshawn Send a message via Yahoo to chefshawn
Hi, my name is Shawn...and I'm a chef

hello to all.

i'm a frequenter of a completely different message board, that looks remarkably like this one. someone just yesterday, posted that YOU were OUR alternate dimension. so, in the spirit of "sliders", i decided to stop in and check things out.

i'm originally from huntsville, alabama, but have lived in and out of nashville, tn for the last 7 years. i went to culinary school here, right out of high school, and have worked various jobs from cook to chef and back in five places since. i love to travel, i love to eat, i love to cook, and i love to learn.

any other nashvillians out here?

chefshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 02:18 AM   #2
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Hi ChefShawn!! WELCOME!!!! :D The more chefs the better. I look forward to your input and ideas! Also, we have some great topics popin' in the General Chat area. Please feel free to join in on any of our topics! I can speak for most everyone by saying that we would love to hear more about you and your thoughts on the posted topics.
Thanks for joining and I hope you enjoy your time here. These guys on the forum are really the best people! :D

-DEADLY SUSHI- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:36 AM   #3
Senior Cook
Thanks for checking us out! WQe have a few chefs here already and a lot of great cooks. Jump in and share as often as you like.
"The odds of my being correct on any given issue are inversely proportionate to the proximity of my wife" BubbaGourmet
BubbaGourmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 04:18 PM   #4
Head Chef
I, too, am from Chef Shawn's dimension, i.e., the "other" cooking board. It is unbelievable how similar we are. We ask each other the same kind of questions, have the same kind of debates, etc.
Pie Susan
PieSusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 04:23 PM   #5
Chief Eating Officer
Welcome to both of you!!! An alternate board out that like us huh. Kind of reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Elaine meets three other guys she befriends who are like (but opposites of) Jerry, George, and Kramer. Bizzaro world.

Well I hope you enjoy the site and please jump right in and make this your home :)
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:09 PM   #6
Head Chef
Hi ChefShawn,

Welcome! This is a great forum and the people are awesome. Since I've found this site, it's taken my pleasure of cooking/baking to a whole new level! :-)

I'm not sure if this is allowable...but what's the other msg board? I would love to go visit the alternate universe just to poke around and cause trouble. :)
htc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:13 PM   #7
Certified Executive Chef
hi chefshawn, welcome. I am only a nashvillian by music taste. Glad you found us. We will be waiting for some awesome recipes.
norgeskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:06 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire
hiya chefshawn, welcome to the 5th dimension. i like your name. it should be said really fast, while doing a lunge, giving both thumbs up. :D

we will assimilate you and add your distinctiveness to our own. resistance is futile...
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:25 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Hello and welcome to both of you.
It's nice to have you in our world. :D
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 01:28 AM   #10
Executive Chef

wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote