Hi there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SugarShall

Assistant Cook
New member from Australia. I've had a passion for cooking most of my life and have decided to look into a cooking course to take me to the next level of cooking.

I love making soups & if you hadn't guessed by my name, lurve making desserts! Desserts would be my number one passion, actually.

Apart from that I live in Aus with my very wonderful partner. Looking forward to sharing the little I know and learning heaps.

SugarShall

Welcome to DC, always glad to see a friend from Australia! Whereabouts in Aus? I'm acquainted with a few folks from there.

Hi PrincessFiona,

thanks for the welcome :) I'm in Brisbane. Grew up in Melbourne (food capitol of Australia) but met my partner in Queensland, so settled here. Maybe one day I'll talk him into moving down south again lol.

Hi PrincessFiona,

thanks for the welcome :) I'm in Brisbane. Grew up in Melbourne (food capitol of Australia) but met my partner in Queensland, so settled here. Maybe one day I'll talk him into moving down south again lol.

I worked for a Baker from Melbourne...we had a blast at work and we taught each other a thing or two about baking and cooking. He encouraged me in a catering business...I catered HIS dinner parties.:LOL:

Have fun looking around the forums and feel free to jump in anywhere!

Well Howdy to you!! I have never been to Australia, but, I have been to our "Outback" restaurant perhaps 100 times(maybe even more)...I live on the east coast, &, it shocks me EVERY SINGLE time that I get their clam chowder, because, its the BEST chowder that I have EVER eaten in my life!! You would think that some restaurant thats local could have pulled off this amazing dish considering how close to the water we are, but, NOPE!...turns out that our Aussie friends have that clam chowder "licked"! :)
Welcome to DF's!! :)

Midnight Merlot: My sister visited the Outback restaurant when she was in the US several years ago. Sorry to tell you, but none of the food is Australian, it's all American food, only the decoration is meant to represent Australia. So no, we don't do clam chowder, that is entirely yours :)

Bolas de Fraile: My partner is half Welsh and I have been told my father's family was originally from Wales - always wanted to get to that neck of the woods.

Josie: Thank you, sure I'll like it here.

Hi and Welcome Sugar Shall!! I'm new too! We can surely enjoy chattin' about making soups! Some of the best I've ever eaten were made in Mexico, over a charcoal fire housed in a truck wheel for a "grill"... Their broth is SO clear, but so tasty. I just love Mexico, her people and her foods!!

Happy Cookin' All y'all!

New member from Australia. I've had a passion for cooking most of my life and have decided to look into a cooking course to take me to the next level of cooking.

I love making soups & if you hadn't guessed by my name, lurve making desserts! Desserts would be my number one passion, actually.

Apart from that I live in Aus with my very wonderful partner. Looking forward to sharing the little I know and learning heaps.

SugarShall

Welcome SugarShall! Good luck with your cooking course! It sounds like you have a great life in Australia! What are some of your favorite desserts? Thanks...BerryBerry

Hi BerryBerry,

favourite desserts? pretty much anything with chocolate! lol. We have some of the best chcolate in the world here, most based on Swish recipes and with a richer milk supply, it's naturally richer. I also like crumbles and cheese cakes. Not a pavlova fan and not into fruit based desserts (except in the crumbles).

Hi Jomilt,

what I love most about soups is the simplicity of them. They can be made from few ingredients or many, chopped veg or mashed. Cold, hot, pretty much anything and it doesn't take a genius to make a good one :)

Do you make any of those Mexican soup recipes? I'd be interested in trying some.

Hi BerryBerry,

favourite desserts? pretty much anything with chocolate! lol. We have some of the best chcolate in the world here, most based on Swish recipes and with a richer milk supply, it's naturally richer. I also like crumbles and cheese cakes. Not a pavlova fan and not into fruit based desserts (except in the crumbles).

Thanks for writing back! YUM! I wish I had some of your chocolate! How would you rate and categorize chocolate that is made and sold in the USA? Just curious! Thanks...Berry

Back
Top Bottom