Hi there from West Bromwich!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What's the Most Unusual Thing You Have Ever Eaten?

• Total voters

SnappySammySmoot

Assistant Cook
We've not got a lot going for us here in the heart of the 'Black Country' of the West Midlands in the U.K., but when it comes to food we can't complain.

O.K., you'd be hard pressed to find a good quality restaurant within a 4 mile radius, but when it comes to ethnic food we've got the lot.

We have excellent and inexpensive Chinese, Indian and West Indian takeaways, and if you want to make it yourself we've got all the ingredients from Super Kernel Basmati rice to Scotch Bonnet chillies.

So we can't moan too much.

Last edited:
Could you please please take dog from the list. I know there are countries that eat them, but, this is a big pet loving site and that just makes my stomach turn horribly.

The most unusual for me is frog legs.

I had sheep's heart with liver, I believe, that was in a bbq sauce. It was really good but I never would have ordered it myself.

Hello and welcome to DC. I don't like the idea of putting "DOG" on your list. We love our pets especially dogs and the thought of eating dog meat is a terrible thing.

Nothing all that odd. Jelly fish, sea cukecumbers, sea urchin gonads, and baby eels.

Am told raw oysters and clams die when you take off the shell, but am not sure. Have looked carefully to see the heart beating, and have not detected it. But am afraid I am usually far more interested in enjoying the mollusk than examining it.

Take care.

Still the most weird and horrid for me was goat head soup. YUCK!

Lamb, bear, deer and beef heart and liver are great.!

Welcome to the group!

How Do I Edit the Poll Answers?

Glad to oblige- sorry if I upset anyone and promise not to do it again.

Can someone please tell me how to edit the poll answers? I can't find the button to do it with, nor anything in the FAQs.

Thanks
:angel:

:)

SnappySammySmoot said:
Glad to oblige- sorry if I upset anyone and promise not to do it again.

Can someone please tell me how to edit the poll answers? I can't find the button to do it with, nor anything in the FAQs.

Thanks

IT'S OKAY SNAPPY. WE ALL KNOW THAT IT WAS MEANT AS A JOKE. WHEN I GET MAD AT MY DOG, I GET OUT THE BIG ROASTER PAN AND SIZE HIM UP. THEN HE PULLS THE SHOE OFF MY FOOT AND RUNS OFF TO HIDE IT WITH THE OTHER ONE. FROM THE LOOKS OF MY SHOES, YOU WOULD THINK THAT I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX! :LOL:

I JUST LOVED THE DEEP FRIED MARS BARS! ARE YOU THINKING OF OPENING A RESTAURANT?

Frog Legs .. they really do taste like chicken.
Rattlesnake tastes like chicken too.

If there was anything else odd, I plain just don't remember it.

Why does it tell me I can't vote?

Gossie said:
Frog Legs .. they really do taste like chicken.
Rattlesnake tastes like chicken too.

If there was anything else odd, I plain just don't remember it.

Why does it tell me I can't vote?

You're right about Frog Legs tasting like chicken- would definitely give the rattlesnakesnake a try if It were offered.

What I'd like to know is who tried the Nasi Gulay, and what they thought they were eating. I couldn't tell what the 'Gulay' part was when I ate it, and am no wiser now. Does 'Gulay' in Indonesian mean 'cow gristle', by any chance?

And who ate what that was still alive at the time?

Poll Results: What's the Most Unusual Thing You Have Ever Eaten?

Frog's Legs 7
Anything Still Alive 1
Something called 'Nasi Gulay' 2

Maybe you can't vote because someone has already voted on the P.C. you are using, or you weren't logged in. Why not try again?:)

Back
Top Bottom