Hiya!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charli

Assistant Cook
Hi!

My name's Charlene, I'm 24, from the Netherlands and currently majoring in Spanish in uni. I've only been cooking for a few years, but after I graduate (hopefully August/September), I plan on finding a job as a kitchen hand to figure out if cooking/kitchen work something I want to pursue, or if I'm better off keeping it as a hobby & finding another career option *G*.

I love fruits & vegetables and in the summer, I basically subsist on salad. Right now, I have a slightly insane amount of fresh fruit - but it all just looked so yummy at the market! So, uhm, breakfast, dessert & snacks all consist of fruit at the moment *laughs*.

I used to think I was a very easy eater, untill my boyfriend pointed out last week that I have rather quirky and picky food preferences (for example: I love all kinds of pasta, except for spaghetti, which I hate; I love pasta, but don't really like tomato OR cream based sauces; I don't much like pork, except for the occasional BLT sandwhiches and bacon bits in my salad; I can't eat any 'whole' animals, like shrimp, mussels, oysters, mini-squid - somehow the thought of putting a whole animal, including organs etc. in my mouth freaks me out - however, I have no problems seeing (photo's of...) an animal carcass; I have an irrational dislike of organ meats, even though I've never eaten them & they might be delicious). BUT! I will eat pretty much anything other people cook for me, and I will try (almost) anything at least once.

I joined a few days ago, but I've mostly been lurking around & reading the forums. I'm very excited to find such a huge cooking forum - it's an amazing resource and I've been learning a lot from just reading through old topics! I'm looking forward to being an active member!

I'll, uh, stop talking now. Hi, everyone, nice to meet you!! *beams*

Welcome Charli! Great to meet you. What I know about the restaurant food business comes from watching my 23 year old son. Long hours, late hours, not enough hours, not enough pay, but he loves it. I do wish he had a slight raise because I need to help him out which he hates but has to accept sometimes.

I came to cooking rather late in life and play around with it as a hobby. I've had some of my very best moments from cooking. Like the exchange student who was so home sick for her food ("especially the soups") and she exclaimed to me when I took a pot of her national soup to where she was living, "It's just like back home!" Hard to beat Charli.

Back
Top Bottom