Hola from Mexico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MexicoKaren

Head Chef
Hello to all of you friendly people...my husband and I moved a few months ago from Puerto Vallarta to a small town about 15k north on the Bay of Banderas. We bought a fixer-upper and have spent nearly all of our time getting it in shape. We love the house, but we had no internet access for two and a half months, so I have missed you all. I'm back now, getting caught up, and I've posted a picture of my Mexican kitchen in the member pix section...Buena suerte to you all - Karen

Welcome back! No internet access for 2 months :ohmy: :)

A fixer-upper is fun, and sometimes daunting to think of the repairs, but hey, on the plus side, you live in a warm climate!

Thanks for your generous welcomes! No internet access and only two (Spanish language) TV stations, and we felt pretty cut off from the world (that could be a GOOD thing). We forgot all about the switch back to standard time and arrived at the airport to pick up some visitors an hour early on November 2! We have had workers at our house nearly every day for two months and are now enjoying some solitude. This is such a great website and now I have the time and access to enjoy it. Hasta luego!

Hi my name is Linda i am English bur now live in France in the Aveyron. My husband and I are trying to restore an old farmhouse, and our next venture will be to renovate our kitchen I like cooking but am not as expert as I would like. i have a dog and a cat, a son and a daughter, and a ten week old grandson.

LMW

LMW said:
Hi my name is Linda i am English bur now live in France in the Aveyron. My husband and I are trying to restore an old farmhouse, and our next venture will be to renovate our kitchen I like cooking but am not as expert as I would like. i have a dog and a cat, a son and a daughter, and a ten week old grandson.

LMW

Welcome LInda, I am so glad you are going to be with us. We renovated our kitchen too, but I am lucky, my husband is a retired carpenter. He has he own work shop right here in our basement. :)

Hi Linda, welcome to this board. You will meet many nice people who are generous with their advice. I lived in England for three years (many years ago). We were in Norfolk, close to Kings Lynn, and my daughter was born there. Very nice memories. We also renovated our kitchen - it was pretty bleak when we started, but it is just great now. Good luck with your project!

Back
Top Bottom