"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 04-26-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
Sous Chef

Question How can we help?

Hey All...............

I think that it is awesome that we have so many new members, more and more everyday. But, you/they are not posting.

What can we, as a team do to get more people to post here and stay around for a while?

Please post your suggestions here, I am sure that the helpers and admins. will look at them and do their part to make this a warm and welcome home for you as it is for us already

Old 04-26-2005, 06:48 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I think that's about all we can do PT - just make this place as friendly as we can and full of information. Maybe something someday will bring forth a question from someone who has never posted. Other than that I don't think there's much we can do.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:28 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishedTopaz
Hey All...............

I think that it is awesome that we have so many new members, more and more everyday. But, you/they are not posting.

What can we, as a team do to get more people to post here and stay around for a while?

Please post your suggestions here, I am sure that the helpers and admins. will look at them and do their part to make this a warm and welcome home for you as it is for us already
PT,
It's difficult at times for new posters to feel accepted..Sometimes,they feel left out and sometimes they hang back because they are not sure what to expect. I find everyone very friendly and helpful, but, it took me a time to get use to the in's and out's. Now I feel right at home. I think we might try to answer as many of the posts as we can, even if we don't have an answer, it might make others "see" that we care and want to help and chat. I don't know if this will help, but, I'm willing to give it a try, as I'm sure others will be to.. Let's just drop into a post that hasen't many replies and say HI
kadesma
Old 04-26-2005, 08:07 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
When I can spend a good deal of time on the site that's what I'll do. If someone asks a question and if I don't have an answer for them I will say I don't have an answer and someone will pop in who does. Acknowledgement is 99% of acceptance IMHO.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:09 AM   #5
Senior Cook

I am new to this site. I don't post a lot but I really enjoy reading all the posts.

If I ever have anything to contribute I will gladly post...

Later
Old 04-27-2005, 01:15 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Looking forward to hearing your words of wisdom Run_Out.
Have a great day!!
Old 04-27-2005, 01:56 PM   #7
Senior Cook

I have been on this site since mid-October, I enjoy it greatly! I tend to respond to posts more than to post new threads... I do feel at home and that is because the members are SO friendly and accepting! Thank you all!!

Jocelyne

All things are difficult before they are easy. -Thomas Fuller (1608-61)
Charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:56 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

I have only been here a couple of weeks but have posted 2 or 3 times. I will most likely reply to posts than post new threads. I also frequent another web site right now since we are in the process of remodeling our kitchen. (htt://www.ths.gardenweb.com/forums/) However I am sure when my new kitchen is done I will have lots of questions and or recipies to post. Thanks for making me feel welcome!
Old 04-27-2005, 06:13 PM   #9
Everymom

Oooooo! New kitchen! Make sure you share the pix! I just had mine done and I LOVE to see what other folks do with theirs. Welcome by the way!
Old 04-27-2005, 07:38 PM   #10
Assistant Cook

Thanks Alix. We have lived here for 6 years with this awful kitchen. My husband had his own cabinet shop about 12 years ago. He is in the same field only now he sells anything a cabinet shop would need to build a kitchen or cabinets. He sold all his tools to make cabinets years ago ( he said he does not want to do that any more,he would rather pay some one else) but his knowledge and connections will hopefully make the remodel easier. I would love to post pictures( especially before) but I am not sure how. Any sugestions?