How did you find DiscussCooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WELP, I WAS JUST SURFING THE NET ONE NIGHT, WAS AT FOOD NETWORK LOOKING UP A RECIPE FROM A TV SHOW THAT I WANTED TO COPY (PAULA'S UNCLE BUBBA'S SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN) AND THERE WAS THIS HERE SITE MENTIONED CALLED "DC". SO I WENT THERE AND NOW I AM HERE WHENEVER I CAN BE. BY THE WAY, THE CHICKEN RECIPE TURNED OUT ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!! BETTER THAN THE COLONEL'S EVER THOUGHT OF BEING! :LOL:

As I recall, I was looking at some reviews of a recipe on Epicurious and the reviewer mentioned Discuss Cooking. I occasionally go back to Epicurious to see what the recipe of the day is, but oddly I've started to find it a bit repetitive. Many thanks to all those who work to keep Discuss Cooking going.

I was looking for an answer to a question I had regarding an error in a cookbook. The cookbook was The Frugal Gourmet cooks Italian, and his recipe for home made ricotta cheese had conflicting information. I didn't exactly find the correct info here:LOL: , but I found this forum interesting enough to keep coming back.

MJ, thanks for bumping this up! Fun thread!

One day in a fit of disenchantment with my Bon Appetit subscription I googled to see if anyone else shared my frustrations. DC came to the rescue. Now I can learn and share with all these friends in the kitchen! I cancelled by Bon Appetit BTW!

I found the site while researching knives and one of the threads was on the search list.

I love cooking, it’s my serious hobby. Cooking that five star meal at home for half the price is a blast! I am glad I stumbled across this site, it looks great!

We purchased our Airstream and joined the Airstream Forum. A friend I made on Airstream Forum told me about Discuss Cooking Forum. I enjoy both Forums have made friends and learned about Airstream,people,cooking and MORE.

I found DC through a google search.

I get so frustrated trying to make a grocery list and cook for just myself that I needed help lol After cooking for a family of five and now cooking for just myself I find it difficult. I come here most every time I'm making a grocery list to get ideas. It helps and the people here are great!

~Ali

I found it while on the Airstream Forum. It was listed at the end for other forum choices.

Michael in FtW said:
I love having new members join in here! The more the merrier!!!

I'm just curious ... how did you find your way here? Was it a link from another site, from a search engine ....????

Hi!

I just joined today, but have been reading for forums for a couple of months now. I found it doing a search for reviews and comments about all-clad and some other SS cookware. Once I started reading, I haven't been able to stop - keep coming back!

I absolutely love this place! There is always something new to learn. I'm so glad I found this place :D

I found it through a search engine.

I was googling bread machine recipes and stumbled across DC when I noticed a friend from FN and other old forums I used to be apart of, and so I joined here when we got the net up (after an almost 3 yr hiatus).

Long story short, I stopped using the net in July '04 because I moved to Austin and $$ constrained me from getting any semblance of the internet. Now that things are not so tight, we're taking bills month-by-month so that we dont' get kicked out of here. However, we're still saving for a house to buy by the end of summer. Yes I used to be on FN, and I posted alot under another screen name. That, in itself, is another story for another thread ...

Google---- My wife thinks that I should go back to school for cooking just for fun. If I did not already have my profession I would; however, I still have alot of fun with food. My kids are spoiled because I love to cook.

My niece had been diagnosed with celiac disease and was told there were a bunch of things she's allergic to (not only wheat but rice and soy plus too many others to list). I wanted to make a cake with only oatmeal flour and wasn't sure if it would work. Went online and found this forum while googling stuff for her. I have been here since. Through you, I've found some keeper recipes and trusted advice on products and techniques.

I knew the forum existed via the Airstream Trailer Forum. Not until I cross referenced it googling pork tenderloin sandwiches did I decide to take a look.

My husband is constantly on his Reef Aquarium Board.
I was teaching myself to crochet so I found a Message board where I got a TON of help. Then I got to talking about cooking alot in the off-subject area, so I decided to ask if anyone knew of a cooking board, because it was so much fun sharing info on things I really enjoy.
I don't know what that person's "cover" is here, but thank you again to the person that sent me here!:)

I found it while on the Airstream Forum. Decided to take a look since I love cooking. Glad I did.

Back
Top Bottom