"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 03-11-2007, 12:41 AM   #101
Assistant Cook

WELP, I WAS JUST SURFING THE NET ONE NIGHT, WAS AT FOOD NETWORK LOOKING UP A RECIPE FROM A TV SHOW THAT I WANTED TO COPY (PAULA'S UNCLE BUBBA'S SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN) AND THERE WAS THIS HERE SITE MENTIONED CALLED "DC". SO I WENT THERE AND NOW I AM HERE WHENEVER I CAN BE. BY THE WAY, THE CHICKEN RECIPE TURNED OUT ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!! BETTER THAN THE COLONEL'S EVER THOUGHT OF BEING!

Old 03-11-2007, 06:02 AM   #102
Head Chef

As I recall, I was looking at some reviews of a recipe on Epicurious and the reviewer mentioned Discuss Cooking. I occasionally go back to Epicurious to see what the recipe of the day is, but oddly I've started to find it a bit repetitive. Many thanks to all those who work to keep Discuss Cooking going.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:31 AM   #103
Head Chef

Same as chesterchippy. Love it here.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:37 AM   #104
Executive Chef

I was looking for an answer to a question I had regarding an error in a cookbook. The cookbook was The Frugal Gourmet cooks Italian, and his recipe for home made ricotta cheese had conflicting information. I didn't exactly find the correct info here , but I found this forum interesting enough to keep coming back.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:57 AM   #105
Sous Chef

MJ, thanks for bumping this up! Fun thread!

One day in a fit of disenchantment with my Bon Appetit subscription I googled to see if anyone else shared my frustrations. DC came to the rescue. Now I can learn and share with all these friends in the kitchen! I cancelled by Bon Appetit BTW!
Old 03-11-2007, 01:26 PM   #106
Assistant Cook

I found the site while researching knives and one of the threads was on the search list.

I love cooking, itís my serious hobby. Cooking that five star meal at home for half the price is a blast! I am glad I stumbled across this site, it looks great!
Old 03-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #107
Sous Chef

We purchased our Airstream and joined the Airstream Forum. A friend I made on Airstream Forum told me about Discuss Cooking Forum. I enjoy both Forums have made friends and learned about Airstream,people,cooking and MORE.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:16 PM   #108
Assistant Cook

I found DC through a google search.

I get so frustrated trying to make a grocery list and cook for just myself that I needed help lol After cooking for a family of five and now cooking for just myself I find it difficult. I come here most every time I'm making a grocery list to get ideas. It helps and the people here are great!

~Ali
Old 03-15-2007, 07:24 PM   #109
Head Chef

I found it while on the Airstream Forum. It was listed at the end for other forum choices.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:14 PM   #110
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in FtW
I love having new members join in here! The more the merrier!!!

I'm just curious ... how did you find your way here? Was it a link from another site, from a search engine ....????
Hi!

I just joined today, but have been reading for forums for a couple of months now. I found it doing a search for reviews and comments about all-clad and some other SS cookware. Once I started reading, I haven't been able to stop - keep coming back!