"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!
Old 03-19-2007, 10:53 AM   #111
Senior Cook
I absolutely love this place! There is always something new to learn. I'm so glad I found this place :D

I found it through a search engine.

The Purple Foodie
Shaheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:09 PM   #112
Senior Cook
Send a message via MSN to mraa Send a message via Yahoo to mraa
I was googling bread machine recipes and stumbled across DC when I noticed a friend from FN and other old forums I used to be apart of, and so I joined here when we got the net up (after an almost 3 yr hiatus).

Long story short, I stopped using the net in July '04 because I moved to Austin and $$ constrained me from getting any semblance of the internet. Now that things are not so tight, we're taking bills month-by-month so that we dont' get kicked out of here. However, we're still saving for a house to buy by the end of summer. Yes I used to be on FN, and I posted alot under another screen name. That, in itself, is another story for another thread ...

Chef R
Life is too short not to enjoy good food.
mraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:11 PM   #113
Assistant Cook
Google---- My wife thinks that I should go back to school for cooking just for fun. If I did not already have my profession I would; however, I still have alot of fun with food. My kids are spoiled because I love to cook.
Flightschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:34 AM   #114
Assistant Cook
am a lowly non geek person...found it thru yahoo...on my home page
linda laughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:36 AM   #115
Senior Cook
Found it thru a Google search for new fish recipes. I 'lurked' for a long time then when I retired I finally joined, and so glad I did.
Beachcomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:03 AM   #116
Master Chef
My niece had been diagnosed with celiac disease and was told there were a bunch of things she's allergic to (not only wheat but rice and soy plus too many others to list). I wanted to make a cake with only oatmeal flour and wasn't sure if it would work. Went online and found this forum while googling stuff for her. I have been here since. Through you, I've found some keeper recipes and trusted advice on products and techniques.
I could give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!
jabbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:43 PM   #117
Assistant Cook
I knew the forum existed via the Airstream Trailer Forum. Not until I cross referenced it googling pork tenderloin sandwiches did I decide to take a look.
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:23 AM   #118
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
My husband is constantly on his Reef Aquarium Board.
I was teaching myself to crochet so I found a Message board where I got a TON of help. Then I got to talking about cooking alot in the off-subject area, so I decided to ask if anyone knew of a cooking board, because it was so much fun sharing info on things I really enjoy.
I don't know what that person's "cover" is here, but thank you again to the person that sent me here!
Not that there's anything wrong with that.....
suziquzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:37 AM   #119
Head Chef
I found it while on the Airstream Forum. Decided to take a look since I love cooking. Glad I did.

elaine l is offline   Reply With Quote