Howdy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Olys45

Assistant Cook
Greetings all! I am currently stationed on the Frozen (Recently Thawed) Tundra of Eastern North Dakota. I am always on the hunt for different recipes to change what we eat. I grew up in Southern Minnesota, my mom is an excellent baker, but not a very good cook. I grew up in the typical way of Minnesotans where ketchup was considered the staple condiment and was "spicy". After escaping the Peoples Republic of Minnesota and I discovered different flavors beyond stale black pepper and ketchup. Hopefully I'll learn a lot! Oly

You are discovering flavor in North Dakota???? hahaha! I can say that because I'm from Minot! The land of white food: boiled potatoes, boiled macaroni, and of course, lefse...
Welcome to DC!

You are discovering flavor in North Dakota???? hahaha! I can say that because I'm from Minot! The land of white food: boiled potatoes, boiled macaroni, and of course, lefse...
Welcome to DC!

Well I discovered different flavors in the last 20 years after escaping the PRM. I have lived in South Dakota, two places in Wyoming, Idaho, Kansas and this is my second place in North Dakota. The closest I have lived to the PRM is Fargo when I Recruited down there. Hopefully, my quest for orders to Minot works out this summer. I might actually reach my Nordic roots and try some lutefisk if I move to Minot!

Oly

Go to the Hostefest, they have LOTS of lutefisk there! I could only eat it with LOTS of dry mustard and melted butter. More of a ritual than actual food enjoyment. I prefer the lefse... and krumkakke, and rosettes, and sanbakkles... I've maintained the tradition of Swedish meatballs on Christmas Eve, though.

Welcome to DC!

wyogal! say girl, you still around? have you been hearing the talk going on at DC (at pppc-II) about a foodie 'pilgrimage' to minot? yeah i know, right? say, do you happen to have room at your place....?:ROFLMAO:

Oh dear, Josie, this thread was from '09. Vit is just trying to find housing in Minot for the Norskfest.

Oh dear, Josie, this thread was from '09. Vit is just trying to find housing in Minot for the Norskfest.
Speaking of which, Dawgluver, do you think you "might" consider coming? I know, you would probably have to come up on the Friday night, but it would be a lot of fun. I was just talking with my dad about it.

Speaking of which, Dawgluver, do you think you "might" consider coming? I know, you would probably have to come up on the Friday night, but it would be a lot of fun. I was just talking with my dad about it.

OMG, am thinking Minot would not be ready for all of us! At once!

Drat, can't do it this year, but it sounds like something I can swing next year, hmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom