"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 12-24-2010, 07:37 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Howdy

Howdy there,

My name is Everett Von-Dutch, 24 Years of age with a birthday this December on the 27th.
Cooking is a part passion and hobby of mine. I have had a successful career as a chef in Vietnamese, German, French, Louisiana, Jamacian and Italian cuisine. The reason for so many is from my racial background. I am German, Italian, French, Spanish, Swedish and Jamaican. (I call it a **** mix lol) I have been working as a chef since a vary young age. A few people I have cooked for is Sir Mix Alot (Rapper/DJ), BC Lions and etc.

My favorite thing to do in the kitchen is making new custom seasonings.
My favorite materials to use is pasta, cilantro, butter and coriander seeds.
My favorite tastes to the tung is garlic and butter.
My favorite meal is Elbow Noodle with, Swiss, Cheddar, Moza, My custom seasoning, and Ground Turkey.

I currently only cook for my wife, two year old daughter and I, due to health problems with my heart. Currently I am fighting with heart disease, but getting slowly better. vary slow lol 2 years...

Anyways, this is me! Howdy...

Old 12-24-2010, 07:49 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Where is here MCVD? It doesn't show on your profile, or it would show on your post.

What's Moza? Is it one of your homemade spice blends?

I noticed you mentioned Jamaican. What would you define as Jamaican flavoring?

Personally, I don't seem to like a lot of heat anymore. It hurts the next day if you know what I mean?

I do like cayenne for heat. It doesn't burn for long, and it has such a bright happy sort of heat. A little goes a long way.

In fact, here's an idea for you:

I like making devilled eggs. Some I make sweet, some I make hot.
For the hot ones I sprinkle with cayenne instead of the paprika, giving the egg a punch.

Welcome. Did you know your initials mean:

1,000, 100,5,500, etc. Was that intentional?

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:03 AM   #3
Assistant Cook

Sorry mates lol Moza is a slang some Italians use for "Mozzarella". Its also a bad habit since I also have Hispanic friends, and Moza is Spanish slang for "That Guy".

Well for Jamaican I tend to end up using often pre-made Jamaican seasoning but not because i'm lazy or don't know them. But I have had the worst of times trying to find any Jamaican specialty shops or find half-ass ingredients, I just moved to a new city and trying to find like coconut is hard lol. Ether the store has it or its sold out the second it hits the shelfs... Odd being that the area I live in is predominantly Asian-Indian... So Jamaican is on a back shelf right now but I can at least make my own jerk sauce lol. I would die if I couldn't!

I love heat, just don't like the after effects, bloating, gas, running for the bathroom because you thought it was only a fart lol... (My wife think its funny)

Believe it or not but I am one of thoe's wack-o's that love habanero chili's in their food lol...

About that food, Ill give it a try...
Old 12-24-2010, 08:34 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Howdy and welcome to D.C.!!
Old 12-24-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

welcome and happy holidays
Old 12-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #6
Admiral of the Texas Navy

Howdy! Welcome to DC.

Old 12-24-2010, 05:13 PM   #7
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Welcome to DC!
Old 12-25-2010, 02:45 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.Von-DutchCND View Post
Sorry mates lol Moza is a slang some Italians use for "Mozzarella". Its also a bad habit since I also have Hispanic friends, and Moza is Spanish slang for "That Guy".

Well for Jamaican I tend to end up using often pre-made Jamaican seasoning but not because i'm lazy or don't know them. But I have had the worst of times trying to find any Jamaican specialty shops or find half-ass ingredients, I just moved to a new city and trying to find like coconut is hard lol. Ether the store has it or its sold out the second it hits the shelfs... Odd being that the area I live in is predominantly Asian-Indian... So Jamaican is on a back shelf right now but I can at least make my own jerk sauce lol. I would die if I couldn't!

I love heat, just don't like the after effects, bloating, gas, running for the bathroom because you thought it was only a fart lol... (My wife think its funny)

Believe it or not but I am one of thoe's wack-o's that love habanero chili's in their food lol...

About that food, Ill give it a try...
There are plenty of heat wackos here too. I got a good laugh about your wife thinking it's funny. So does that mean she makes you do your own laundry?

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote