Howdy folks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JamesS

Senior Cook
New member here looking forward to getting to know the community.

I've been cooking all of my life, went the culinary school route in the mid-eighties, cooked in some of the best kitchens in the DC area for the next few years and then opened a hobby shop for the next couple of decades.

While I was in culinary school, I worked two part time jobs, one in the Kennedy Center kitchen, the other at a cooking supply retailer. I have to say, I enjoyed working at the retailer (Kitchen Bazaar on Connecticut Ave near UDC if anyone was in the DC area back then) more than the Kennedy Center. I had the opportunity to do prep work for some of the big name celebrity cooks and cookbook authors of the day while they were at the store doing cookbook signings and demonstrations.

Now, I'm retired and bored. I do a lot of guitar playing, cooking, and have a fiance and two evil retrievers to deal with.

That's enough for now!

Welcome James. My favorite place to shop for kitchen equipment is at the restaurant supply retailer. Once you've cooked with and used the equipment, you keep trying to get back to it. I have a stash of steam table pans I can't live without.

Welcome James. My favorite place to shop for kitchen equipment is at the restaurant supply retailer. Once you've cooked with and used the equipment, you keep trying to get back to it. I have a stash of steam table pans I can't live without.

That's kind of funny. I have a little stash of bain marie and steam table pans tucked away myself. Been trying to justify an open burner stove for decades. One day.

That's kind of funny. I have a little stash of bain marie and steam table pans tucked away myself. Been trying to justify an open burner stove for decades. One day.

If I could only get my landlord to cooperate!:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom