Howdy from the Left Coast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HMGgal

Senior Cook
I'm a dedicated eater--I live to eat, but am married to a man who eats to live. So, for self-preservation, I learned to cook so we don't have take-out burritos every night.

My son-in-law is a pastry chef, and is very, very talented. He and my daughter, two-year old grandson, and little girl on the way, live up the street, so I cook for all of us most every day. My daughter has a couple of dishes that she will cook if you threaten her with death or dismemberment, so I'm the go-to gal for dinner every night, and this is after I get home from work; I teach P.E. and remedial movement for children with disabilities in the public schools.

I love food, eating out, shopping for good food, collecting recipes (how did we do this before computers?), and food science is interesting to me. I'm interested in sustainability, eating local produce whenever possible, and love going to gourmet food shops, Sur la Table, farmer's markets, and if given a chance, I'll tramp out in a field and pick berries or whatever they'll let me.

I'm looking forward to learning from all of you guys and will especially keeping my eye out for any good, quick, weeknight meals.

img_630636_0_1a5bfb0c0fffea1ce344444eb85b069b.gif

Thanks for your warm welcome. I just read the entire thread about the passing of one of your very dear friends; you are clearly a remarkable group. Thank you for taking time from your sadness to welcome me.

You will all ways be welcome on this site they are some of the best folks I have had the pleasure of writing to and comunicating with. Having said this tell us what you like to fix and I'll bet money you will be over whelmed with ideas. Dave

Good morning, and welcome to DC.
Thanks for joining us.
I'm sure you'll find lots of interesting food info here, as well as other interesting topics.

Thanks for letting us get to know you alittle better.
You are lucky to have found a passion you can practice, and family who can share and enjoy some of it with you, excluding hubby. Although I feel there must be something there in him; he married you.

My ex-husband was the same way. I could ask him an hour after we ate a dinner I prepared all weekend what he had for dinner, "UHM?", was what I got. What a kick in the gut! But he'd remember the next day, when he was hungry. "Hey hun, is there anymore of dinner left?" He couldn't tell you what it was, but knew he didn't hate it and was hungry.
I caulked it up to - he was a crazy musician that had too many notes on the brain! HA!

Anyway, thanking for joining.​

My ex-husband was the same way. I could ask him an hour after we ate a dinner I prepared all weekend what he had for dinner, "UHM?", was what I got. What a kick in the gut! But he'd remember the next day, when he was hungry. "Hey hun, is there anymore of dinner left?" He couldn't tell you what it was, but knew he didn't hate it and was hungry.
I caulked it up to - he was a crazy musician that had too many notes on the brain! HA!

Anyway, thanking for joining.​

I would say that sums up my husband, too. If he likes something, he will tell me he does. If he doesn't, he won't say anything, but he will always clean his plate. I have to ask if he liked it and he'll say "It was okay." That's code for "I didn't like it." Bless his heart:wub:

Back
Top Bottom