Howdy ya'll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kookie

Assistant Cook
Geez. She must live in Texas... :LOL:

Guilty. ;)

Central Texas to be exact.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to garden, and am for the most part sustaining myself.

Not easy with the exceptional drought we are experiencing, plus 37 days and counting of 100 degree + temps... Weather is :wacko:

Now even the trees are trying to die. :(

This forum looks like great fun, and am looking forward to joining in! :cool:

I like the emoticons... :)

Kookie

img_838127_0_838c1e7a67dcc9aff6451c9502bd508e.gif
have you been getting rain? it's been so dry!!??

img_838127_1_4c90e7aa8a6a52f13e262aac2efd0904.gif

img_838127_2_0c5da23eed9fe304539294380dbdde29.jpg

Hi Kookie and welcome to DC. Hope you enjoy the gang, and the content.

Bob
Thank you for the welcome Bob! I was beginning to think my sense of humor was a tad too wacko for the board...

I do a lot of cooking from my garden's produce. Right now I'm swimming in tomatoes, so enjoying gaspacho and canning stewed tomatoes with zucchini and fresh garden herbs. Also marinara, sauces and hot sauces.

Zucchini bread, zucchini and oatmeal muffins, chocolate zucchini cake. Have grated and frozen squash in 2 cup increments for use overwinter. Am also planning to make my own dog kibble, which calls for zucchini as a filler. Have 5 different squash varieties, but the heat is taking it's toll. Made some great stuffed Patty Pans on the grill (rice, veggies & cheese)!

Am growing tomatillas for the first time this year, and so will be looking for recipes!

Also in my garden: Canteloupe, green beans, okra, onions, cucumber, eggplant, green pepper, pimento and pablano peppers, jalapeno and habanero. My Swiss chard is quite prolific and on it's 2nd year - is good in an omellette!

Anyway, I am also a cooking as well as a gardening fool!

Kookie

Back
Top Bottom