How's it going?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SoCal Cookin

Assistant Cook
hello everyone, Im shane. I grew up and have lived in San Diego most of my life. I am 1/2 Mexican and 1/2 Italian and crazy enough both are my favorite styles of food! Went to college in Hawaii, but that proved to be a mistake lol. Way too hard to get anything done when your 18-20 years old out there (too many distractions.)
Anyway I moved out to Massachusetts late spring of this year. So far i love it. the weather and everywhere i go there is something new.

Enough about me and more to what i know. I graduated culinary school in 2010 from the Art institute of Ca San Diego. Have been working in restaurants for over 10 years, cooking for over 15, but only professionally for 5. I tend to always construct and twist everything into something different and unique. i get very bored with food quickly so i am always looking for a new dish to make, style of food to try but i do go back to my favorites.

I love Mexican food and when you've lived as close to the border as i did its very hard not to. There is a certain why its made you can only get in San Diego. No where else has it the same way, believe me ive tried to find it. Not that its worse anywhere else it's just not the same. Im sure you all know what i mean. There are many things that like everything else you forget that i hope by being on here i will remember once again. I used to love baking and since working in a kitchen it got hard to and ive since forgot.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to learn a lot from everyone on here and that i might be able to pass on what i know to you in return. :chef:

Hi, Shane. Welcome to Discuss Cooking :) We have a few members in your neck of the woods - SoCal, Hawaii and Boston! ;) We look forward to sharing food ideas with you.

Welcome Shane! I also am mezzo italiano ;) but nowhere near as experienced a cook as yourself. I look forward to learning from you and hope equally that we can bring something to the table here for you! :)

hola, benvenuto, aloha, and wtf are you lookin' at (a common massachusetts greeting to newbies), shane.

ok, from nj, how you doin?

Back
Top Bottom