"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!
Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2006, 09:05 AM   #41
Chief Eating Officer
I doubt that ChefJune. I bet you would have said it as well, if not better

You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
Old 08-05-2006, 09:43 AM   #42
Your right about the High School group thing. Right now we are new and have a tendency to huddle up. As time goes on we will start to spread out. You will notice that we are from all over the world. Even with that we found ourselves as close as any family can get.

I understand your curiosity about this mass emigration to DC. Everyone is closed mouthed and I can understand that too.

However in broad terms, it was a free speech thing and we felt an Administer over stepped the bounds. You can imagine it had to be something radical or members that had over 5000-10000 posts would not have decided to leave. We choose not to reveal the sight name, as there are folks there that we still love and respect. We also respect the fact that the administraters have invested their own money, time, and risk, to form a private enterprise, and have every right to run that business the way they see fit. We just choose not to agree.

The folks that landed on your Island are good, kind, generous folks. They are extreamly knowledgeable (I am an exception to that rule, but every town needs a fool).

If we seem clique'y we're not, we just swam ashore from a shipwreck and are happy to see that many of our family made it. We'll spread out and hopefully the natives will accept us.

Old 08-05-2006, 09:55 AM   #43
Sous Chef
I am so sorry if I opened a can o' worms, so to speak. I didn't mean to leave anyone outside the circle of conversation. I was just so excited to find all the family that I'd been missing! A little over-exuberant perhaps.

Silvercliff and GB said it all! We are refugees who come here only hoping to expand our happy family and discuss food, our love for food, and everything about food. There is no ulterior motive, no hidden agenda - we just want a safe place to play and new friends to play with.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #44
Sous Chef
Send a message via MSN to Chef_Jen Send a message via Yahoo to Chef_Jen
Gee sharon way to go LOL
Behind Every Good Woman... Is herself
Old 08-05-2006, 11:04 AM   #45
Sous Chef
Happy Happy I am I am! The sun is shining, there's a "breeze" that makes the boat rock gently, the coffee is roasting, I don't have to work today, and my friends are only a WAP away! Life is truly good.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:36 PM   #46
Senior Cook
I am one of the newbies, and just shrieked when I found so many good friends here. And new ones to make. Nothing could be so good, so whoopee everyone.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:32 PM   #47
I can see both sides of this story very clearly and certainly can't add much to what GB has already offered.

Refugees, you likely have already noticed that DC is a family, and a welcoming one at that. We hope you like it here. You will likely also have noticed that you have (inadvertently I am sure!) stepped on a toe or two with your appearance of cliquey-ness. DC has been invaded before and those who remember it are a bit leery. If you just follow GB's advice to keep the personal stuff to PMs the "old guard" will feel more comfortable and less "taken over" thus smoothing the transition for us all.

A hearty welcome to you all. You will be appreciated here.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Old 08-06-2006, 10:48 PM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire
hi guys, guess who????

well, i hope my comments haven't hurt anyone's feelings. i apologize if they have, and i'm glad the air has been cleared a little. i understand and completely respect all of the newbies reasons for wanting to leave things in the past, or at least show professional courtesy to other sites.

btw, i don't represent this site in any way, so my comments were strictly my own. i think a few of us felt the way i did, and was just looking for a wink or a nod. not a pissin' match.

ok, well, nothin' to see here folks... move along now.. c'mon, move along...

and welcome again, harborwitch.

p.s. anyone of the new members in or around nyc are always welcome for a tour of the cbs studios in manhattan, or a pint up the block if you're around late.
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:22 AM   #49
Sous Chef
"or a pint up the block if you're around late." - O.K., I now have this promise in print... ;)
Old 08-07-2006, 08:25 AM   #50
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Originally Posted by cjs
"or a pint up the block if you're around late." - O.K., I now have this promise in print... ;)
and maybe the CBS tour when you're out this way, Jean!

Wine is the food that completes the meal.
Closed Thread