I love eating and making food!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlgauthier

Assistant Cook
New member from Ontario, Canada. I do A LOT of cooking... I range from "fancy" stuff like homemade ravioli or homemade pate, to canning pickles. Since I try to only buy staple items at the store (or from the farmer) even eating lunch can take hours! But I love it and I've learned so much about food and how things are processed since I started doing this.

You would think that learning "how foods are made" would make me look at foods differently, but for example hot dogs... they used to gross me out, now that I've made homemade hot dogs I know they are pink because of the curing salt and it's totally normal.

Recently I'm wanting to learn a lot more about sauces. I figure that is a good theme to bring me into fall.

Glad to make everyone's acquaintance! Happy cooking!

So welcome, eh? Another Canadian.

Most of us love to cook. Some have more time to put into it than others. Some cook for big families, and others cook mostly for one.

As for sauces, I know how to cook more of them than I actually cook. What I do cook tend to be comfort food sauces. I don't tend to do the fancier sauces.

Happy cooking to you, too.

CD

Welcome to DC. This is a fun place to spend your time. Lots of laugh, information, and just plain silliness some days. Go to "Today's Funny" and you will see what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom