I need fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

susie corker

Assistant Cook
Hi to all,
I'm new to the Discuss Cooking Forum, found it while reading about the Viking micro hood over the Wolf range discussion............very interesting.
I'm anxious to replace a TERRIBLE double oven electric range. I think I am searching for a good (30- inch) dual fuel convection range . A second mini oven (GE cafe?) would be a nice feature, or microwave/convection hood combo. Please Advise.
Also I found a beautiful (all) Gas Bertozzi (probably mispelled) 30 inch; I had never heard of that brand. Anyone ??
Should I be concerned about baking in a gas oven??
Thanks
Susie

Hi, Susie. Welcome to DC :) I don't really have answers re: the dual fuel range. We renovated our kitchen last year and got a Jenn-Air gas convection oven and a GE microwave that also acts as a regular oven. Love them both. I've been using gas for cooking since 1985 and never had a concern about baking with it. HTH.

Can't discuss much with you on the Wolf range, but just wanted to welcome you to DC!

Hello and welcome to DC! Been cooking on a gas stove and oven since I first got my own place, no concerns about baking in a gas oven. The only concern I can think of with gas is annually checking the gas line connections on them, but that is just a routine safety precaution that our gas company is required to do for all households with gas appliances.

Welcome to DC!! I have cooked on gas most of my life. The only issue I have ever had has been with irregular heat distribution but that has more to do with old ovens more so than the gas. If it happens, I have to remember to turn the item around half way thru so it rises evenly. I have had very lopsided eclairs in the past!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom