Idaho newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bookbrat

Senior Cook
Hello everyone. I stumbled across your site searching for ways to use leftover eggnog (thank you for the Eggnog Dutch Baby recipe Somebunny!). I wound up spending some time looking around and liked it, so here I am!

I live on a mountain in Idaho, where we grow and preserve as much as we can in our short growing season. I guess we're into the Eat Local thing...we eat from the garden in the summer and from the pantry and freezer (and greens under lights) in the winter and we stock the freezer with meat grown by friends or 4H kids. I volunteer as a Master Food Preserver for our university Extension and teach a few canning and dehydrating classes. We have been accused of being food hoarders, which I guess is true, but we live 15 miles from a grocery store and I hate to run out of things. And we're spoiled on the quality of homemade vs. storebought.

Looking forward to finding lots of new ideas here.

Hi and a belated welcome to DC! :) I became a Master Gardener volunteer with my local extension office last year and am planning to take the Master Food Preserver course when they offer it next year (it's only available every other year). It's great to have you here.

I don't think you're a hoarder - I think you're smart! THIS is hoarding: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f164/who-hoards-food-70082-2.html :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom