I'm back - 8# heavier - belch!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Otter

Sous Chef
I got several cookbooks for Christmas and absorbed myself in trying a lot of new (and, unfortunately, fattening) recipes the past couple of months. Julia Child was the main culprit - I can see why she wasn't modeling competition for Heidi Klum and Elle McPherson. :LOL: I gained 8# and now have to start taking it off. :cry:
PS: I really like the new format!

Last edited:
mudbug said:
Well, hello dere den, otter. There's just more of you to pick on now!

Glad you are back.
Hopefully not too long at the higher weight. At the store today I picked up some fruits, veggies and boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I attribute 4# of my gain to Julia, 2# to Baking Illustrated, 1# to your bread pudding and 1# to jkath for getting me hooked on Fontina. :LOL:

Last edited:
It's nice to be in the same company as Julia and jkath!

Perhaps you could shovel some more snow as part of your workout...........

mr. ot-tair!!! glad to see you back. did you ever get around to making any of the bread machine recipes? i'm gonna try to tackle one this week...maybe.

Welcome back, Otter! I was afraid you were in hibernation from that MN winter!

And you wonder why I don't use my Baker's Illustrated much! ;-)

After Buckytom was kind enough to post some bread recipes I found my book. Plus, I had previously emailed eSalton, and they took forever to reply, but finally sent me an email that had even more recipes. I now have a dangerous amount of bread recipes and too many good cookbooks. With the MN weather being what it is, it's easy to eat too much and exercise too little. I had just a pear for breakfast and am about to take my dog Bridget for a l-o-n-g walk.

Since I'm fairly new here Otter, I'll just say hello! Don't worry about 8#, I lost more than that when I was sick with the flu and have gained ALL of it back. I was so excited that I was fitting into some old jeans, now not so good. I got over being sick and my appetite came back, have to work on that. :)

Otter said:
I attribute 4# of my gain to Julia, 2# to Baking Illustrated, 1# to your bread pudding and 1# to jkath for getting me hooked on Fontina. :LOL:

Well, at least now I know what I'm good for!

Remember, Otter - life is short. Do you remember those lousy, lo-cal, lo-fat, lo-carb, lo-tasting dinners? nooooooo!

do you remember that dish you had 4 years ago that was smothered in a 3-cheese sauce with roasted pecans on top? of course you do!

It's really nice to have you back {{{{hugs}}}}
and rather than cheat yourself out of fabulous fontina,
go to the gym :) often- it works for me!

yep, jkath, life is too short to eat things you don't like. I have taken off three pounds so far (smaller portions), and am working on the last five. Winter being over will also help.

Back
Top Bottom