I'm here to learn from you guys!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCook

Senior Cook
Hey everyone! My name is Nick, I'm 30 years old, married and have a baby boy. And I'm the cook in the house!

I love to cook, but I'm finally coming out of the denial stage that I'm not very good at it! I'm not terrible by any means, but there have been a few too many instances where we end up eating a sandwich for dinner after one of my "creation" attempts.

Im also an avid outdoor cook. I grill and smoke on a Weber kettle and Weber Smokey Mountain.

I love internet forums, I'm a member of several and Im glad I found this very active forum. I'm sure I'll get all my questions answered that I've had rolling around my head for the last few years.

Welcome Nick! This is a great place to learn. We have members ranging from professional chefs to those who don't even know the recipe for water and everything in between. You will be able to learn a ton here and I am sure we will learn from you as well.

Nick! I'm always trying to come up with the perfect concoction AND...... I just bought a WSM! :cool:

Welcome.

Nick! I'm always trying to come up with the perfect concoction AND...... I just bought a WSM! :cool:

Welcome.

You're gonna love that thing! When I smoke pork butts for pulled pork I can set it up, and go to sleep after an hour. Wake up 8 hours later and it will be within 10 degrees from where I left it. I've had a load of charcoal last me 16 hours once without a refill.

Welcome Nick,
We love to help, so pick a forum and ask a question, you won't wait long for an answer:)
kadesma

You're gonna love that thing! When I smoke pork butts for pulled pork I can set it up, and go to sleep after an hour. Wake up 8 hours later and it will be within 10 degrees from where I left it. I've had a load of charcoal last me 16 hours once without a refill.

Oh that's what I wanted to here...... :glare: (being very dry and sarcastic here) :LOL:
Last week I had quite the temp fiasco trying to do a small brisket. There's a thread here :ermm: I was losing my fire after around six hours and while I started to get a temp climb again after adding more, it ended up burning out again. And I used a full ring of lump started minion style :mad:
Hopefully this weekend's butt goes better. I'm using Kingsford this burn :)

Hello everybody and greetings from dublin Ireland, I found this site while searching for cookery course's. I am a complete novice in the cooking department, in fact my family and friend's call my kitchen, " the lucky dip room", but I knew it had to be useful for something, so it was a help yourself as in for decoration's purpose's!!. Had felt the kitchen was a terrible waste of a good space, but since race season has just ended (sailing) I figured I should put that space to good use during the winter season!. Hence I stumbled upon this site,,,,,,, anyway hoping to have a housewarming soon and rather than bring in caterer's I deceided to look up some cooking course's and amaze everybody or poison them with my creation's which would require serious focus on my part as I really mean novice,, so once again greetings from the Emerald Isle.......G

Back
Top Bottom