I'm New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erinny

Senior Cook
Hey, hello, I am new here and I don't have a electric or gas stove, I live in Grampop's hunting cabin and I have Internet by satellite and elctricity but the stove is woodstove.
I'm hoping to find some help on a woodstove.
Happy New Year !
Erin

Welcome aboard.

Im curious to hear your experiences cooking on a wood burning stove, since I never did that before. Happy new year. Im tired, and going to bed, but im looking foward to your future posts so we can all learn from each other .

welcome erinny.

oh uncle bob. calling uncle bob. come in bob.

i'll bet that uncle bob is experienced with woodstove cooking, or something like it.

Oh thank you all. I have figured out how to make meat loaf and a roast but I want to make more stuff. I made the fire pretty constant I guess, but it was hard doing it. Is there a better way? I raised the heat from the fire to the desired temp and I haven't died yet from my stuff, but I am afraid to say I don't know what I'm doing here and I do need some help.

Oh, and Larry --
I use a meat thermometer and build the fire to the right heat, which is 350. That was my meat loaf.
I did a roast and built the fire to 400. I put my boston butt in there and kept the temp up to over 400 and it was good, but I need help. All of this was guesswork. Guessing does not work well with cooking.

LOL
I always have to guess Cookbooks are all about real stoves. Siiiigggghhhh! I'm saving to get the 220/240 in here but it will take a while so I have this.

Back
Top Bottom