I'm new here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HisGrace

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

I ran across this site earlier today, and just couldn't stop reading! I've been cooking for (mumble mumble) years and still have so much to learn. I admit that cooking is not my favorite thing to do, but we do have to eat! And as long as we have to cook, it might as well be quick & easy! My latest cooking "gadgets" are a 6-qt pressure cooker and a new 3-qt slow cooker. Actually the reason I found this forum was a search for information on slow cookers that cook way too hot - I'm glad I'm not the only one who's come home to a "burnt sacrifice" for dinner. :-p (thankfully not with the new one)

I look forward to many enjoyable hours reading here!
:flowers:
"HisGrace"
Texas

Hi HisGrace,

There are many other ways to prepare a quick/efficient meal than using a pressure cooker or a crock-pot/slow cooker. In fact, I prepared tonight's meal using my crock-pot.

Please be assured I'm not slamming those methods but, with some help from the awesome folks on this board, you will find new ways to use your time wisely.

Have a blast and ask questions. You will get tons of answers very quickly. We're glad to have you.:)

Welcome - I love, love, love my pressure cooker. Take a frozen chuck roast with a box of beef broth, chopped onion, 1 1/2 - 2 hours later you have a falling apart roast. Somewhere near the end bring it down in pressure with cold water, add your potatoes and carrots and cook for another 30 or so minutes.

img_399833_0_bb3045f0a939a43c2acc32f6ea27a567.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom