"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 03-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Wink I'm new here

Hello, everyone. My name is Ann and I just joined this morning. I'm always looking for new recipes and ideas for functions. I'm retired, have a new home with a gourmet kitchen, but just haven't had the time to take advantage of it. I also just purchased MacGourmet Deluxe for my iMac and the app for my new iPad2 so now I'm all ready to get busy getting organized and hoping to participate in discussions.

A bit more about myself: I am a serious doll collector (vintage Madame Alexander and modern fashion dolls by Robert Tonner). However, in recent months, I've been trying to downsize that collection since I now have other interests. A doll collection is not something one would expect of someone who has two sons and three grandsons (not a girl in sight nor will there be ). Even my cat is a neutered male!

We're hoping to do a lot more entertaining now that my husband is retired (US Immigration Judge) and has the time to devote to such things. The neighborhood where we live has a lot of activities and the town has lots of opportunities to socialize. Just need to get back in the habit.

Sorry to be so wordy, but I didn't know how much I was supposed to say in the way of an introduction. Looking forward to the fun!
Ann

Old 03-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by annrast View Post
Hello, everyone. My name is Ann and I just joined this morning. I'm always looking for new recipes and ideas for functions. I'm retired, have a new home with a gourmet kitchen, but just haven't had the time to take advantage of it. I also just purchased MacGourmet Deluxe for my iMac and the app for my new iPad2 so now I'm all ready to get busy getting organized and hoping to participate in discussions.

A bit more about myself: I am a serious doll collector (vintage Madame Alexander and modern fashion dolls by Robert Tonner). However, in recent months, I've been trying to downsize that collection since I now have other interests. A doll collection is not something one would expect of someone who has two sons and three grandsons (not a girl in sight nor will there be ). Even my cat is a neutered male!

We're hoping to do a lot more entertaining now that my husband is retired (US Immigration Judge) and has the time to devote to such things. The neighborhood where we live has a lot of activities and the town has lots of opportunities to socialize. Just need to get back in the habit.

Sorry to be so wordy, but I didn't know how much I was supposed to say in the way of an introduction. Looking forward to the fun!
Ann
Welcome to DC Ann
I'm pleased to have you join us. Look around and see all the recipes and great people let's get to know each orher.
kadesma

Old 03-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
Assistant Cook

Thank you. I'm looking around to see what all is here. Looking for someone who uses MacGourmet so I can ask some really dumb questions.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:37 AM   #4
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Welcome to DC, Ann. Glad to meet you! And if the Dolls make you happy...

We are an eclectic bunch, I am a Geriatric Rehab Nurse, living in Montana. My husband is retired, too...but, that's another grumble.

Have fun, look around. I know there is at least one other person here who uses MacGourmet.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Welcome to DC, Ann. Glad to meet you! And if the Dolls make you happy...

We are an eclectic bunch, I am a Geriatric Rehab Nurse, living in Montana. My husband is retired, too...but, that's another grumble.

Have fun, look around. I know there is at least one other person here who uses MacGourmet.
Princess my sister told her hubby when he retired, That she married him for better or worse . But not for lunch..

Josie
Old 03-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
Head Chef

Ann, Welcome to DC.

Josie
Old 03-27-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

Hi Ann! Neat to have a new house with gourmet kitchen! We'll be expecting spectacular posts from YOU!! WELCOME!! Will be neat to get to know you!

Josie-- we are retired too.. for a long time. Funny your sister doesn't "do lunch"... I do lunch, but haven't done the wash in 25 year... DH took over some chores when we retired. Said it wasn't fair he was retired and I kept working and he didn't like to cook, do dishes nor vacuum-- but he'd do the wash. He is also 6'6" to my 5'1"...so he cleans bathroom huge mirrors, ceiling fan blades, etc. Always on the ready to get things stored down in high places for me... A treasure to have around. I also like a later breakfast, like 8 to 9ish....therefore he fixes his own at 6:30. YUP! He's a keeper!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

Thanks for the welcome. Right now I'm trying to get all of my recipes (on scraps of paper, magazine clippings, printouts from online sites, etc) into MacGourmet software. I'm pretty much on my own in learning how to use the software since I can't get to a user forum there. Developer is the only one who can help and he doesn't respond quickly. I also made up my own cookbook almost 20 years ago so that I could keep all my family's favorite recipes close at hand and not lose them. I'll need to go through that and get those recipes included as well. Surely is a lot of work!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:11 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Good morning from North Wales, I am a retired Director and aspiring geriatric, I love Boston Legal and I resemble Denny Crane
Old 03-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #10
Senior Cook

Hi Ann, A big welcome to you from Egypt.